Base tune needed?

mystic1996

Established Member
Just did a VMP TVS swap, Fore l1e return system with id1000, 4# lower. Do I need a base tune to get it started and running? I plan on trailering it to my tuner

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes. I'm going to guess you also changed the MAF and injectors. Everything is going to be way off.

mystic1996

Established Member
Car already has a SCT ba 3000 maf, car was previously tuned with a smaller pulley stock blower. I did change injectors to id1000.

Last edited:

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
I'm about to be in the same boat very interested as well with pretty much the same setup, I was thinking about getting a lethal tune and send them the info of what I have so I could drive it to a tuner as I don't want to borrow a trailer its a far drive to the nearest tuner, and I don't really want to spend the cash on a mail tune to get it to a dyno to tune it again

cj428mach

Established Member
The one option the TVS offers is quick easy swapping of the fuel injectors. If for some reason your tuner can't send you a base tune just leave the stock injectors and MAF in for the drive to the shop. Just make sure you stay out of boost.

mystic1996

Established Member
I forgot to mention Im going to e85 as well... I don't know how I left that out but im guessing I'll definitely need a base tune just because of the fuel requirements

01yellercobra

Established Member
He also mentions a return system in the original post. The ECU isn't going to like that.

Users who are viewing this thread