Base 5.0 w/ Brembo's ???

MedicMan

Established Member
Quick question for you guys.

Anyone know if you can actually order the brembo Brake package with a base model 5.0. (300A PKG)

The Ford website allows you to build it this way, and as seen in this video: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUigc1FtO2o"]YouTube - Just got my 2011 5.0L![/nomedia] it would appear that you can.

However, I have been to two of my local (fairly reputable) dealers and talked to the sales Mgr and they both tell me that the dealer can NOT order them this way. They say Ford requires the upgrade to the 400A PKG.??

Thanks for any insight fellas! :beer:

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Quick question for you guys.

Anyone know if you can actually order the brembo Brake package with a base model 5.0. (300A PKG)

The Ford website allows you to build it this way, and as seen in this video: YouTube - Just got my 2011 5.0L! it would appear that you can.

However, I have been to two of my local (fairly reputable) dealers and talked to the sales Mgr and they both tell me that the dealer can NOT order them this way. They say Ford requires the upgrade to the 400A PKG.??

Thanks for any insight fellas! :beer:
wrong mine is a 300a with brembo package, you can get them that way, dealer dosent know what they are doing if they tell you that.
the only options you can get with a 300a is gears, brembo,
but if you get an auto, you cant get brembo. its a manual trans option only

Last edited:

cgjarvis

Established Member
Mine is a Kona blue 300a with Brembo's and 3.55's. It can be done, but most dealers don't order them for the floor. It might be hard to find one if you don't order it. The Base GT with Brembo's is a bargain setup! Love mine. :lol:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
yeah dealers know pretty much jack about jack lol. we have one at a local dealer base with brembos

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I was told you have to get the premieum package gt and upgrade pack with the brembos, a regular gt comes with regular gt brakes,but you can pay for the upgrade for brembos as option on the mid level / top of the line premieum gt's. a base gt has smaller rims and stock gt brakes, the premieum gt's have the larger rims and upgrade package to the 19 inch upgraded rims which then fit the brembo brakes etc.

redrocket2011

Established Member
Dealers will lie to you in a heartbeat to sell you the most expensive vehicle. I went in today to cancel my extended warranty and maintenance plan. I thought it was going to come to blows. The finance manager made the statement that they gave me a great deal with the promise I’d get the extended warranty and it was bad business for me to come in a cancel, breaking our gentleman’s agreement. He gave me the hardest time about it. We argued for quite awhile. Finally I made the comment I’d get my lawyer to deal with this. It was unbelievable the way he treated me and talked to me. I was so pissed off by the time I left, I was shaking. I buy a ton of cars, especially mustangs. I told him he just lost my business forever. I NEVER MADE AN AGREEMENT TO BUY THE WARRENTY. He came up with this to try a deter me. Also, he made a statement afterwards, it’ll take 8 weeks from Ford, so expect this too soon. Asshole!

BLK93GT

Established Member
Yep, most dealers want to move cars on the lot so some will tell you any line of BS to do it. The good dealers will order what you want or find one at another dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread