BAS Ultimate GT500 Passenger Side Catch Can / Oil Separator

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Last weekend I had the chance to install this passenger side catch can on my 2010 GT500 that I bought last fall. I picked up the set for both sides, but from research, it doesn’t seem like the driver’s side is very necessary so I’ll let that one sit until I have quite a bit more free time. I’ll say the quality of these parts are immediately obvious & they are very heavy duty, even if the task they perform isn’t. Install is very straight forward even for a novice. The only issues I had were getting the fittings out of the stock line. The boiling water trick worked fine for the straight fitting, but after several failed attempts I became impatient and took a box cutter to the 90° fitting that goes to the front of the valve cover. Also, and this is probably just for me, the wiring harness on my 2010 didn’t seem too welcoming to the placement of the lower hose line so I had to route the one wire off the main harness over the lower hose. I really wanted the lower hose to be angled up towards the engine, but had to settle for it angled up away from the engine which is how I see most installs were done. Overall I’m sure I will be satisfied with it based off many previous owners endorsements on it, and I chose the BAS version as function > form of some other easier to install brands. If I had to do it again though, I would strongly consider the firewall mount version from BAS or the UPR version which mounts to the firewall. It just seems the can would be less intrusive back there & the routing of the hoses looks cleaner & more direct.

IMG_1749.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice setup and clean install! Put 1000 miles on it and post the results of what it collects.

Users who are viewing this thread