Barton Shifter Broke

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Anyone else have this problem with the reverse tab breaking off?

ezajadap.jpg

bapy4y8a.jpg

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
There is reverse, but it's a crap shoot if it's reverse or first unless you pay attention and even then after 15 years of driving a manual it's tricky.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I'd stick to 2nd and call Barton tomorrow. In before MGW fanboys.

scott_0

Established Member
I probably wouldn't mention to Barton that you went ahead and disassembled it, I mean obviously it's a defect in craftsmanship for it to break like that but I'm certain they'll frown upon you taking it apart

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I probably wouldn't mention to Barton that you went ahead and disassembled it, I mean obviously it's a defect in craftsmanship for it to break like that but I'm certain they'll frown upon you taking it apart

I didn't disassemble anything. You take the Allen head Bolt out of the side to turn it to a 2011 or 2013 side. :shrug:

Baysixx

Established Member
Mine broke the day I installed it. Took about two weeks to get used to the feeling of first or reverse. Now it's natural and I actually prefer no reverse lockout. I just make sure to not let anyone else drive my car lol

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Mine broke the day I installed it. Took about two weeks to get used to the feeling of first or reverse. Now it's natural and I actually prefer no reverse lockout. I just make sure to not let anyone else drive my car lol

I wouldn't mind that. I guess I could deal if I really wanted to.

Baysixx

Established Member
I wouldn't mind that. I guess I could deal if I really wanted to.

An easy trick I did when I first tried getting used to it is putting it in second then sliding it up into first. That way you kno you're not in reverse.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
An easy trick I did when I first tried getting used to it is putting it in second then sliding it up into first. That way you kno you're not in reverse.

Ever have problems downshifting to 2nd?

Baysixx

Established Member
Ever have problems downshifting to 2nd?

At first I couldn't do row a 1-2 shift for shit cuz I used to always pull back and left but it would get stuck cuz of no reverse lock out. I had to get used to pulling straight back. For downshifting just remember how close the gates are. After a week or two of getting used to it I bet you won't even be able to tell.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Just get the MGW unit if they won't replace it.

After speaking with Joe and Dave @ Barton I would have a hard time turning my back on a company that stands by their shifter like they do at Barton. Joe and the guys are sending me out a replacement with a return shipping label for me to return the shifter.

Not only that they are more than willing to talk me through the problems I'm having and want to fix it for me. That is hard to find now a days in the business.

Users who are viewing this thread