Barton Shifter Bracket Installed

pohnjarker

Established Member
I finally put the last piece on the Mustang before i head overseas early next week for a while.

I installed the Barton Shifter Bracket.

I put the car on ramps, added some jack stands for added security and crawled under. i didnt want to pull out the jack so i made due in a space small enough i couldnt even turn my oval shaped head side to side. Anyways, i got the stock POS shifter bracket off and put on the new Barton Shifter Bracket, took me maybe 30-40 minutes once i got under it. The bushing didnt fit in as nice as it did in the video(on Barton's website) but once i got everything together i was able to keep it altogether enough to screw it down. Then i reattached it to the car, minus the retaining clip, and tightened it all down

I took it for a little test drive and its very obvious when im in gear or not, its easier to go from gear to gear(at least to me) and i like the "mechanical" sound when i go from gear to gear. When i say "mechanical" sound, i mean it kind of clicks into gear, some would say "notchy" but i dont think i would....i hope that's normal...

Anyways it was about time, i've had that piece in my garage for several months now so im pretty stoked i finally got it on :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread