Barton shifter and 2 post bracket

Liln2o

Established Member
Ive had it on for 1 day now absolutoy love it but was wondering if all the noise is normal does every one with this set up get the noises i can hear the gears etc when i engage my clutch i can hear the throw out bearing more or am i just being weird i must say its a nice piece thoe

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
When I installed my barton bracket and shifter I noticed added NVH and different noises. Im chalking it up to normal.

-Thomas

Liln2o

Established Member
When I installed my barton bracket and shifter I noticed added NVH and different noises. Im chalking it up to normal.

-Thomas

I was sure the extra noise was ok but just want to see other oppinions thanks for the info..... A really great mod other than the AED tune lol

kingnut

Established Member
Yea I like the barton and bracket, kinda wish I wouldve waited for a MGW though.

-Thomas

why you have a shorter throw and your shifter pops into gear. from what i hear the MGW doesnt do this. with the barton im 100% im in gear. i absolutely love mine. no added NVH. on sound i hear is the "pop" when it goes into gear. i like that noise.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
why you have a shorter throw and your shifter pops into gear. from what i hear the MGW doesnt do this. with the barton im 100% im in gear. i absolutely love mine. no added NVH. on sound i hear is the "pop" when it goes into gear. i like that noise.

Grass is always greener on the other side I guess. Would just like to try an MGW since it replaces the whole box and not just the shifter and bracket.

-Thomas

dabster

Established Member
Ive had it on for 1 day now absolutoy love it but was wondering if all the noise is normal does every one with this set up get the noises i can hear the gears etc when i engage my clutch i can hear the throw out bearing more or am i just being weird i must say its a nice piece thoe

Try putting some grease between all of the parts that are moving...Usually helps out. Just grease it all haha, it's all hidden away anyway.

Torchy

Established Member
Does your shift knob rattle when going from a stop in first gear?

Jfab

Established Member
I've been told that with most after market shifters the decrease in insulation will cause more noise in the car. I have the steeda for my 2012 and the second I installed it I instantly was able to hear my gears engaging (when shifting and mostly in 2nd gear) and just more noise from the tranny in general. Hope this helps.

scott_0

Established Member
I love my Barton shifter and 2 post bracket, I couldnt be happier

Liln2o

Established Member
Thanks for all the help guys i will not sell it i just wanted to seemif this was all hormal thanks again

HammeredSoul

Established Member
Installed the 2 post bracket only, and had a noticeable increase in NVH. I removed the center console, lifted up the padded insulation around the shifter, and installed a single layer of Boom-Mat all around the rubber shift boot. When you get it apart, you will see all the bare metal. Do your best to cover this all. I did a very thorough job with a small amount or material and about 15 minutes. It made a huge improvement on the NVH, almost factory again!

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Good to hear this is normal. I just installed the 2 post and noticed the same. I don't mind thanks to my stereo and affinity for race car sounds lol.

Users who are viewing this thread