Barrett -Jackson vs Mechum

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
As usual I watched many many hours of the recent Barrett-Jackson Auction and almost came away more depressed about the economy than before:shrug:there seemed like a million economy references explaining away on what I felt were really lower prices than I remember since I began watching auto auctions, but.....................................
I been watching Mecum and it is this week's auction in Fla. and though a reserve one, a lot is selling for great prices IMO and the million dollar vette and 1/2 million mercedes were not charity mark ups. I know this is not the event Barrett is and there are less cars but Im sure average- price wise Mecum blows them away.
Also I think I heard only 1 slight reference to the economy. Even though crowds are much smaller, they may have assembled bigger players and better quality cars.
Mechum seems to be doing OK and last time I looked
There was no gov bailout:lol::lol::lol:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I was surprised that all the replica mustangs were going for so much. I might turn mine into a replica and sell it for too much.

I saw them sell the $1mil Z06. That thing sounded awesome when he started it up.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Vintage racer from the 60's, sponsored by Gulf I believe. A very important car, it was said.

Yeah it was a very historic car. One thing that helped meecum this week was they were at the NCRA Winter Meet so there was a lot of big time vette buyers there. Meccum does run a very good auction though.

Jefe

Established Member
Never heard of Mechum. Been To BJ the last 4 years and its definitely a site to see. Disgusting how filthy rich people are there but sure if fun to watch hundreds of millions of dollars exchange hands all over some pieces of metal and plastic:D

Users who are viewing this thread