Barrett-Jackson Shelby GT500 -> $600,000

forcefedcobra

Established Member
YES! That was the craziest auction in a while.

It sold for more than the first Ford GT did when they had a similar type auction a while back!!!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
NA P-51D said:
There goes any dealerships selling for MSRP.....

that might be even more true now. You know many were going to jack the price up like they did the gen II lightning and 03 cobra's when they first came out but with the first one selling for 600K they are just going to think that many others will pay much more for one.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
forcefedcobra said:
that might be even more true now. You know many were going to jack the price up like they did the gen II lightning and 03 cobra's when they first came out but with the first one selling for 600K they are just going to think that many others will pay much more for one.

Not unless Mr. Ferarri Hat is standing out front jacking up the price. Toolbox is worth $100K. GOD I HOPE I GET IT!!!!!!!!!

R1Lello

Established Member
forcefedcobra said:

:nono: Not in Canada.........no can do. :thumbsup:

2000fta

That was, by far, the liveliest Barrett-Jackson lot of this year (we'll see what the rest of the day and tomorrow bring). I'm still picking my jaw up off of the floor. It looks like I may have to wait a bit longer to pick up a GT500 at MSRP.

Skywarp

Established Member
You're not going to see that car at MSRP for a long long time IMHO. With the first car selling at $600K if Ford set MSRP at $50K it would look and be a bargain.

Solo500

Established Member
It is suppose to be a consumer budget sports car. Ford will have to sell it within the 40's or else people will buy a better sports car that in that case will be less. The Shelby is a good sports car for the money...if they raise the price, then it is just an overpriced car that is nowhere near as close as say a Z06 Corvette or Viper.

mrGT

Established Member
The MSRP will still be around $40K....some will sell for more than MSRP.....some will sell for MSRP.....and some will sell for less than MSRP. I don't think you'll see the market dumping that we saw on the 03/04 Cobra. So, just sit tight and when the price of the Shelby gets within your reach, buy one. Until then, there's really nothing you can do, short of taking a gun into a dealership and forcing them to sell at your price.

Milstang

Established Member
<disclaimer> mrGT is not condoning nor encouraging anyone to take a gun to their dealership! <disclaimer>

:lol:

Is there anyway we can merge the 6 or 7 BJ Shelby sold threads? :D

Users who are viewing this thread