Barrett - Jackson - 1ST 07 GT500 SOLD

91svtbird

Established Member
Would you believe 600,000? Awsome!!

All profits go to Childrens fund, Winner gets to watch it be built.

Last edited:

Skywarp

Established Member
Well this is the foundation. Maybe Ford didn't officially release a set price to see how the market would react. Another thing is what if Shelby dies? Lets say he dies two or three months into production. Who at that time will have control of his name, Ford, family?

snatchss454

Established Member
$648,000.00 from the BJ homepage. Does anyone have anypics of it? What color was it? Did they mention any specs?
Shane

fastbird86

Established Member
the car that rolled on the block was a red w/ white strips pre-production model. they didn't go much into what the car was about, but the Mac Tool Box that was sold with it was sweet

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
snatchss454 said:
$648,000.00 from the BJ homepage. Does anyone have anypics of it? What color was it? Did they mention any specs?
Shane

I guess they added the taxes on that price. But It was a red with white stripes, and they winner will see the car get built and have custom specs on it

SNAKEYE

Established Member
iCEMANSGCCC said:
I guess they added the taxes on that price. But It was a red with white stripes, and they winner will see the car get built and have custom specs on it

The additional $48K is 8% commission from the buyer that is paid to B-J. There is another 8% paid to B-J by the seller.
I would imagine that B-J would waive both as it was a charitable contribution to Shelby's foundation for sick kids.

mrGT

Established Member
The additional $48K is 8% commission from the buyer that is paid to B-J. There is another 8% paid to B-J by the seller.
Uh oh!! Now I suppose we'll see posts about how greedy B-J is.....if they don't donate the fees, that's $96K in commisions! Surely they could have done it for a heck of lot less......

Last edited:

Milstang

Established Member
mrGT said:
Uh oh!! Now I suppose we'll see posts about how greedy B-J is.....if they don't donate the fees, that's $96K in commisions! Surely they could have done it for a heck of lot less......

:lol1:

Those greedy....

They probably could have done it for less.

:-D

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Was the car sold to the guy who bought the F88 concept car last year? If so, it was not his money, but the money of the Peterson Musuem if I am correct!

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
Red Turtle said:
Was the car sold to the guy who bought the F88 concept car last year? If so, it was not his money, but the money of the Peterson Musuem if I am correct!

no, but he made a jackass of himself during the bidding

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Well..

This has just set a precedent for the "BUMP" sticker that you will see at the dealerships. Don't think that they wont take this into consideration when they asses their "Market Value Adjustment." Good luck buying one of these for MSRP!!!!

mrGT

Established Member
NickFL,

Believe it or not, there are a few dealers out there that are going to sell for MSRP. I've had leads on several, but they all have lists that are from 10 to 50 names long. Most would take my name, but since I wasn't a "regular" customer, I could get bumped.

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Well...

mrGT said:
NickFL,

Believe it or not, there are a few dealers out there that are going to sell for MSRP. I've had leads on several, but they all have lists that are from 10 to 50 names long. Most would take my name, but since I wasn't a "regular" customer, I could get bumped.

I would agree with you, but the key word is "few." I believe that it will literally be a few. As you stated, it will all be about getting on the list, and those that get on the list are going to be "preferred." Supply and demad will dictate the pricing of these cars. Good luck to all who decide to brave the "bump"!!!!!!

mrGT

Established Member
My problem will be when I actually touch one.....I'll be just like a druggie on cocaine....I'll probably do what ever it takes to get one!

Users who are viewing this thread