BAP wiring.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Hey guys.
Schyler (04torchred) and myself finished installing a 4lb lower, MAFia, and BAP with my previous combo of a 2.76 upper and Stage IV. I wired the BAP post PDM with the Brown and Pink wire instead of the Green and Yellow.
Can this cause any issues and should I change it. I didn't do the wiring upgrade and we were getting really bad hesitation between shifts and when we first got on the throttle but I think a lot of it was belt slip.
The belt was slipping bad and i'll be picking up a new one in the morning.
So should I re-wire the BAP pre-PDM or just leave it:shrug:
Thanks for any input.
Ryan.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Mod fords has been down so I haven't been able to ask this there as well.
Come on guys. Anyone?
Should I rewire this thing Pre-FPDM?
I'm also going to try a Gates belt instead of a Gatorback. There was huge chunks of belt everywhere.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Thanks. I'm going to datalog it after I get the new belt on. I will just rewire the BAP then on the Green and Yellow wire. It's no big deal and only takes a few minutes.
I'll check it out this afternoon and see how it runs while datalogging my fpdc. I initially just turned the BAP to 20% after reading what others had done. I didn't need a lot of extra fuel before the lower so I figured that 20 would work and I set it for on full time.

04torchred

Established Member
A "little" belt slip!!! Let me know how it works with the new belt Ryan, I think that was a lot of the hesitation problem when you first wack the throttle or when hitting it again after a shift. With the amount of dust it was slipping pretty bad. I figured the FPDM would have sent a signal out to the pumps and that is why people were wiring it post FPDM :shrug: Didn't Brian do his Post as well? I never did one so sorry I wasn't more help with that.

My poor car isn't going to be packing enough once she runs right, back of the line for me again :(

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I had hesitation and simply changed the fuel filter and my problem was solved. Car had 7,000 mile at the time go figure. I replaced it with the OEM filter. I first had mine pre-FPDM then switched to post-FPDM after several recommendations to do so.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Well i'm still getting slip with the new belt. Not as much as before but definately still tons of dust but not quite as much hesitation. I'll change the fuel filter to be safe and try to find a better sized belt again.
I'll leave the BAP Post-FPDM.
The belt I used this time was just a tad to small I think. I couldn't get much wrap with my whipple tensioner.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Well i'm still getting slip with the new belt. Not as much as before but definately still tons of dust but not quite as much hesitation. I'll change the fuel filter to be safe and try to find a better sized belt again.
I'll leave the BAP Post-FPDM.
The belt I used this time was just a tad to small I think. I couldn't get much wrap with my whipple tensioner.

Damn Ryan that sucks, you might have to go to the 2.93" upper if it keeps slipping. Did if feel stronger today with it holding a bit better? The fuel filter is in a crap ass spot.

Did the gates seem to be a bit better then the gatorback?

What was the belt size you went with?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I tried a Gates k080797 or whatever the start is.
I did feel strong again. Hesitated a little but not like before. On the highway I could get it to not hesitate between shifts if I shifted really quick.
When i'd hit it in first it wouldn't sputter close to like it did last night when we drove it. I think i'm gonna try the gatorback 797 belt. It's supposed to be a tiny bit longer and that's my last option as far as belts go.

04torchred

Established Member
Anyone think it might be that PPRV valve in the tank? Just a though, I am sure most of the hesitation is the belt slip. Just tossing ideas out there.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
good thread here. i'm having the EXACT same problem with 2.76 upper and ported blower. i didn't have the problem that bad before my port, and now i have it pretty bad. there's no hesitation if i shift quickly. however, if i let up on the gas a bit between shifts, there is a huge hesitation.
i've heard several things about this. 1, it could be related to the PPRV in the gas tank, and that i should remove this. some people who do this notice they have difficulty first starting the car, and may blow FRPS's if they don't get the kenne bell FRPS disc.
2, it could be due to the computer opening up the bypass valve when it notices a spike in boost with the throttle closing slightly (when you let up on the gas between shifts). people say that you can correct this in your tune (my tuner has no idea), or get one of the boost bypass mods from RPM outlet or another vender.

i'm clueless as to what i want to do. i'm going with a twinscrew eventually, and i'm going to add GT pumps and turn my BAP off. i can't decide whether or not to can the PPRV when i have the pumps out--i probably will.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Thanks for the input. I had absolutely zero hesitation with my 2.76 upper and Stage IV. Car run perfect and belt never slipped.
I'm going to try one last belt size and then start addressing other things like the PPRV possibly.
I use Scott (Sambandait) for my tunes and haven't been able to get ahold of him. I'd like to go over some stuff with him as i'm sure he'll have plenty of experience to go by or maybe a different tune to try as well.
I'm also looking at buying some extra gauges to monitor stuff more closely now. Those being WATER TEMP, FUEL PRESSURE and a WIDEBAND.
Im not giving up on the 2.76 and 4lb combo untill ive excercised all of my options.
Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming.
We have so few terminator owners up here and none that I know of with ported blower combos. Some guys have gone Whipple but they wont have the experience I need.
Schyler (04Torchred) and myself are alone when it comes to doing work on these cars and trouble shooting them
Ryan.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Well after a long weekend away from home to visit family I attacked my car again. This time with yet another belt. I finally found one that doesn't slip much...the key word being much.
Hesitation has decreased a bunch but is still there a little between shifts if I dont bang them hard.
I datalogged everything today and everything looked fine, even my IAT2 temps. I did a bunch of pulls in a row and they never got above 120 with this combo which actually surprised me.
I'll put some miles on this combo for a while and if i'm not happy I may just bump back the 2.76 to a 2.93.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Ya I think removing the PPRV will be in my future over the winter. If I do i'll probably pull the BAP out and swap in GT pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread