BAP install video

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
This just shows how it looks all wired up for those looking to install.
This does not use the hobbs switch (common) so the BAP is on constantly. There is not an upgraded power wire either.
https://youtu.be/kb5GOgXJatE

Last edited:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Kind of a noob question, but is this a simple plug and play install or do you need any kind of tune to go with it? Ive got mine and ready to install it but i dont know if there is anything else that needs to be done along with it. Thanks

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Kind of a noob question, but is this a simple plug and play install or do you need any kind of tune to go with it? Ive got mine and ready to install it but i dont know if there is anything else that needs to be done along with it. Thanks

I understand you do not since the car is tuned to run a certain fuel pressure and that will not change- the bap just makes sure the pumps have plenty of power for output. My car was tuned with the bap, so I'm not sure. If suggest putting he dial up to 100% and keeping an eye on your afr. If anyone else wants to chime in, let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I understand you do not since the car is tuned to run a certain fuel pressure and that will not change- the bap just makes sure the pumps have plenty of power for output. My car was tuned with the bap, so I'm not sure. If suggest putting he dial up to 100% and keeping an eye on your afr. If anyone else wants to chime in, let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
yeah thats kind of a problem for me, i dont have a wideband or anything to datalog with. I guess the worst that could happen is i get too much fuel? Im pretty sure you cant hurt a car if its running too rich but im not entirely sure.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
yeah thats kind of a problem for me, i dont have a wideband or anything to datalog with. I guess the worst that could happen is i get too much fuel? Im pretty sure you cant hurt a car if its running too rich but im not entirely sure.
Yeah, that's pretty true. It will just kill O2 sensors, catyletic converters.. but will be safe.
I'd get a wideband asap. A must for a supercharged car. Here is my install video, though I went to an add a circuit to turn it on/off (MUCH better).

You can see the add a circuit here

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Yeah, that's pretty true. It will just kill O2 sensors, catyletic converters.. but will be safe.
I'd get a wideband asap. A must for a supercharged car. Here is my install video, though I went to an add a circuit to turn it on/off (MUCH better).
Lol ive pretty much watched all of your videos, especially your wideband and BAP install, because i know these are mods im going to have to do eventually.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Does anyone have a full resolution of the following schematic? I've searched, but haven't found one. I can make most of it out, but it would be great if it was legible.

FPDM_WIRING_UPGRADE_SMALL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread