BAP fuel pump wiring issue

StannggerrEd

Established Member
Hey guys I don't post on here often but I am completely stumped.

First off I'm embarrassed to state I'm an electrician and I can't figure this damn wiring issue so I'm hoping someone else has ran into this issue before.

Okay so last year I installed the bap without the upgraded harness (yes yes I know I should but I'm not sticking with this system forever)

So my problem long story short the bap sounds like it is running 24/7. I checked the wiring at least 8 times and it all seems to be connected properly. I have my hot wire from my battery running into one side of the relay. Then I have the black with red or gray with red whatever one that runs to the fuel pump. It goes to the relay to the bap and to the pump. I can connect it while the car is sitting and no problem but once I turn the car on it will not turn off until I pull the power.

The relay is working properly too so I'm lost. It seems there is a signal wire the green and yellow I think should that be going to the relay instead? The instructions only said to connect the black and red.... Plus it's on the other side of the circuit so I don't think that should matter. Any ideas guys.

Was also talking to a friend today and said it could be possible the pressure release valve in the fuel pumps are sticking but I have never heard that before.....

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the green yellow wire is your trigger for the relay but its been a long time since running a BAP. There is a how to wire a BAP in the how to section.

braindontstop31

Established Member
This is a pre-FPDM setup. This is how you want to do it.

bap.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread