BAP/fuel issue? flooding motor?

Chuckie B

Established Member
So drove my 03 cobra to the store etc. Everything was fine... come out. Car tries to turnover and stalls...wont start.
car floods the motor with fuel to the extent of leaking out my exhaust flanges.

I drain oil, pull plugs, let air out for a few days... new oil, new plugs, new frps,... try to start car and same issue...repeat again but this time I disconnect the BAP(boost a pump). and wire back to stock. The car fires and idles fine.

Yet every1 I talk to says the bap cant be the issue etc(kenne bell says they never fail blah blah)...how is it when I delete the bap the car is fine? I dont dare drive it off the bap bc obviously its tuned with it...I moved the car from one bay to the other tho without issue.

The boost a pump is wired after the fpdm
Ive tested voltage from the fpdm and I get 12. So I would believe thats fine bc of voltage and the car running fine when wired back to stock with 30psi fuel pressure at idle

When the BAP is wired in on cycle of key but engine off I get 12.1v on the fuse wire and 15.4v on the red wire out of BAP...this is with the controller set at 30....at 50 it fluctuates from 16.9-17 does this mean the bap is working? Does any1 know what voltage im supposed to be seeing

Im tempted to just order the BAP and see what happens bc I dont see how it cant be....any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Mike Dj

Established Member
It sounds like the BAP is the problem. Also KB products can go bad just as any other product!!!!!!!! I not shocked that KB said their BAP will never fail or have any other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread