BAP/fuel issue? flooding motor?

Chuckie B

Established Member
So drove my 03 cobra to the store etc. Everything was fine... come out. Car tries to turnover and stalls...wont start.
car floods the motor with fuel to the extent of leaking out my exhaust flanges.

I drain oil, pull plugs, let air out for a few days... new oil, new plugs, new frps,... try to start car and same issue...repeat again but this time I disconnect the BAP(boost a pump). and wire back to stock. The car fires and idles fine.

Yet every1 I talk to says the bap cant be the issue etc(kenne bell says they never fail blah blah)...how is it when I delete the bap the car is fine? I dont dare drive it off the bap bc obviously its tuned with it...I moved the car from way bay to the other tho without issue.

The boost a pump is wired after the fpdm
Ive tested voltage from the fpdm and I get 12. So I would believe thats fine bc of voltage and the car running fine when wired back to stock with 30psi fuel pressure at idle

When the BAP is wired in on cycle of key but engine off I get 12.1v on the fuse wire and 15.4v on the red wire out of BAP...this is with it set at 30....at 50 it fluctuates from 16.9-17 does this mean the bap is working? Does any1 know what voltage im supposed to be seeing

Im tempted to just order the BAP and see what happens bc I dont see how it cant be....any other suggestions?

Last edited:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Sounds like a blown fuel rail pressure sensor. Then I read how you unplugged your BAP. How is your BAP wired ? Pre or post FPDM ?

Last edited:

Chuckie B

Established Member
Its wired after the fpdm...I have now reinstalled the bap and the car starts and idles fine. (Strange ik)But now the car is idle surging after I let it idle for a few minutes...its revving itself up to about 1500rpms and idles back down to almost stalling and repeats...it will then clear itself out...idle fine and then do it again.

Took the car for a ride and now the codes are saying it wants to run lean...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if wiring it "pre" fpdm would make a difference?

po-po 5.0

Established Member
How is your BAP activated? Boost switch? Possible the boost switch is stuck on? With the boost switch off, the BAP basically acts as a voltage regulatar @ 12v, and then when the switch is activated, it supplies additional voltage to the pumps. So if you're seeing more than 12v out of the BAP with the engine off, that's where I'd look.

Chuckie B

Established Member
There's no boost switch...I now have been doing some data logging of the car and the front 02s are not reading at all...really starting to get frustrated with this car.

Users who are viewing this thread