BAP Blowing fuses

Calico Shelby

Established Member
Hi,

My 2012 GT500 is equipped with a 4th Gen 2.9 Whipple with 3.25 pulley, FIC 1000s, Fuel + bap, JBA longtubes, Lund tune. This combo has given me no problems for about 4 months, but a few days ago, the 40 amp fuel pump fuse blew during normal driving. I wasn't racing or getting on it, just normal driving on the interstate. Does anyone know what to troubleshoot to find the culprit? I plan on checking the ground to the bap and switching over to the 40amp fuse with brass blades (If i can find it). Oh yea, I jumped the battery earlier that morning also, but I don't know if that would affect anything. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you not replace the fuse up front with the solid blade KB provides with the BAP? I think that might be your issue. I think this applies to 12-14. You might might find the instructions on line. You may need to contact KB for the blade.

Calico Shelby

Established Member
Did you not replace the fuse up front with the solid blade KB provides with the BAP? I think that might be your issue. I think this applies to 12-14. You might might find the instructions on line. You may need to contact KB for the blade.

I'm running the Fuel + bap (it it is the same as the vmp) it came with a regular 40 amp fuse. I might upgrade to the solid blade from KB, i'll call today and see if they can send me one.

Calico Shelby

Established Member

I'm running the Fuel + bap (it it is the same as the vmp) it came with a regular 40 amp fuse. I might upgrade to the solid blade from KB, i'll call today and see if they can send me one.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The blade might only apply to KB. Contact the manufacturer of your bap and ask them. KB's BAP is fused internally.

Users who are viewing this thread