Banjo Bolts for brakes?

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Where in the hell can I find these PITA's?

Nobody carries them...not Ford, not O'Reilly, not NAPA.....

I need two. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Where in the hell can I find these PITA's?

Nobody carries them...not Ford, not O'Reilly, not NAPA.....

I need two. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

If you can give me any specific size or thread pitch details I can see if the ones at my work would fit

Speed Demon

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports carries them. just be sure you have your production date handy when you order them, some cars had metric thread some had standard

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Are you looking for stock replacements? and your Ford dealer couldn't (wouldn't) help?

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
are the banjo bolts one time use?

Not that I know of. I have always re-used the old ones. When I bought my 00R brembo kit it did not come with banjo bolts and they are different. I went to the local Ford dealer, they looked them up and gave me the right ones. That's why i am surprised that the OP said the Ford dealer wouldn't help.

*EDIT* it would probably be a good idea to get new crush washers though. There are two of them (per banjo fitting) that go on each side of the brake line.

Last edited:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
10mm coarse thread is all Ford would tell me.

that cant be right, almost every banjo bolt ive ever seen has always been a fine thread bolt. They were probably giving you the specs for the caliper bolt (the one that actually holds the caliper on)

if anyone knows the specs on these i'll see if they are the same as the ones i have

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Steeda, MM, LRS are three that carry them, type depends on your brake calipers, do you have the 10th Anniversary ones or the stock ones? 10th brakes are coarse and the standard ones are fine thread. I learned this about a month ago at the most inopportune time.

Jason

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Just for future reference...the banjo bolts serve serve what purpose?
They hold six metal strings off of the fret on the brakes. :shrug:

Seriously, they attach the brake lines to the calipers. The brake line has a round end with a hole in it. The banjo bolt goes through the hole at a right angle to the line and into the caliper with a crush washer on each side of the line.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
They hold six metal strings off of the fret on the brakes. :shrug:

Seriously, they attach the brake lines to the calipers. The brake line has a round end with a hole in it. The banjo bolt goes through the hole at a right angle to the line and into the caliper with a crush washer on each side of the line.

Right, basically the banjo bolt is nothing more than a bolt with a hole trough it to allow fluid flow, in this case it is for brake fluid.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
When you do your brakes = replace brake pads or upgrade brakes? If upgrading then go with Stainless Steel brake lines and it will come with everything you need.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
When you do your brakes = replace brake pads or upgrade brakes? If upgrading then go with Stainless Steel brake lines and it will come with everything you need.

not true my man i just got a russel kit in for front and back and it did not have new banjos and i needed some bad

Users who are viewing this thread