Bama tuner

evoryne

Established Member
Hey guys Im interested in purchasing a bama sct tuner with their custom tunes. My question is if I dicide to tryout someone's else tunes like aed or brenspeed would I have an issue uploading it to their tuner?

Thanks

hades_1

Established Member
The hand tuner you'd buy is made by SCT, Bama will just write down the tunes and upload it to your SCT hand tuner. If you want a new tune either from Bama or anyone else, you can just upload that tune to your tuner, no problem.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Absolutely. this too was m first question

I think you forgot a word in there. There's no issue using tunes from different tuners as long as they're written for the device he's using (SCT, Diablosport, etc)

evoryne

Established Member
Ok sounds good I thought maybe bamas was different from the regular sct since it has their logo on it lol

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just remember, you've overwritten your Bama tunes unless you have emailed backups.

Not correct anymore. The latest firmware update for the SCT XF3/SF3 allows for 10 custom tunes to be stored. I still have my Bama tunes along with tunes from my local tuner.

AMDanBailer

Hey guys Im interested in purchasing a bama sct tuner with their custom tunes. My question is if I dicide to tryout someone's else tunes like aed or brenspeed would I have an issue uploading it to their tuner?

Thanks

No, the device is just used to store and transfer the tunes. If you'd like to load a different tune to our device at a later date, that would be possible! However, I'm confident you'll be very happy with our tune. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Need4speed2345

Established Member
Keep in mind if you buy into their tuner with lifetime tunes they will NOT tune your car if you do large mods. I installed a eaton supercharger on my 99 and they refused to tune it. So determine if paying a little more for their tuner is worth it.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Keep in mind if you buy into their tuner with lifetime tunes they will NOT tune your car if you do large mods. I installed a eaton supercharger on my 99 and they refused to tune it. So determine if paying a little more for their tuner is worth it.

I'm pretty sure that most people know that from the get go. I don't see how anyone would expect them to tune for a major mod like that on the free tune program. And it's stated on their site.

Need4speed2345

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that most people know that from the get go. I don't see how anyone would expect them to tune for a major mod like that on the free tune program. And it's stated on their site.

Though I didn't see that exact writing on their site I am just surprised since superchargers are a common mod and the tuning isn't free you pay more for the service.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Though I didn't see that exact writing on their site I am just surprised since superchargers are a common mod and the tuning isn't free you pay more for the service.

It may be a common mod, but that doesn't make it easy to tune. Plus, all N/A cars that put on a supercharger/turbo should be dyno tuned with a wideband. There are too many variables to take into consideration for trying to email tune a car like that.

But like you said, you do pay more for their service/tuner, so if you don't plan on doing big mods anytime soon....it might be worth it instead of trying to find a tuner that is local and paying their fee on top of the device cost.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
For what it's worth, our policy is that once you purchase our calibration, we update your tune for anything you buy from us in the future. You support us, we support you.

Our GT500 customers that ran our tunes and a pulley were upgraded to a VMP TVS calibration at no cost when they bought their VMP TVS from us directly.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread