BAMA Tune

doughboy305

Established Member
Anyone running the BAMA Tune on the 15 auto? Wondering about the 2-3 shift seems a lil long and not very aggressive

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Anyone running the BAMA Tune on the 15 auto? Wondering about the 2-3 shift seems a lil long and not very aggressive

I'm sure BAMA can fix that for ya. I got a quick questin...at WOT what is your car shifting at for the 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shifts with the tune?

Thanks

doughboy305

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Overall how's the tune feel driving around in "D", like part throttle shifting, etc. and how's the tune feel at WOT? What are your other mods? Thanks for any feedback.
Tune feels good overall really can't tell its got a tune till you stomp the gas

bunk22

Established Member
I've got a BAMA tune on my 2015 auto GT. It drives good but I don't think I'll do upgrades with them. Their customer service was overall poor and though my car drives decent, I look forward to AED or someone to tune the cars. Maybe a local tune if able. I give their tune 3 out of 5 stars. The AED tune on my old 2012 Mustang 5.0 was spot on with excellent customer service.

Last edited:

doughboy305

Established Member
I've got a BAMA tune on my 2015 auto GT. It drives good but I don't think I'll do upgrades with them. Their customer service was overall poor and though my car drives decent, I look forward to AED or someone to tune the cars. Maybe a local tune if able. I give their tune 3 out of 5 stars. The AED tune on my old 2012 Mustang 5.0 was spot on with excellent customer service.

Does it seem extremely mild to you

bunk22

Established Member
I don't think the tune is mild, more medium. It was a bit frustrating at first as when I called to give them my info, the guy on the phone really didn't listen to what I was saying. I wanted to make sure he had my email and number right, he said, "yeah, yeah, I got it." Well, he didn't have it, wrote them both down wrong. How do I know? I was supposed to receive an email within an hour that had a form to fill out, never got it. When I called back, I then found out my information was wrong.

Then, a week later, still no tune. I called, took some time to find my info but they did and I was told I didn't write down the correct computer code. I asked why they didn't just call or email me, they said they sent an email. So I said, go ahead and resend it right now, that way I can see the date and what not. Can you guess? Never got the resend, never recieved the original.

On the good side, I did get $100 off the initial price and the car drives decent but it's not as good as my AED tune was in my 2012 Mustang GT. Granted, it was a manual and things were quite a bit figured out by that point but AED had superior customer service for sure. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and the "yeah, yeah I got it" Bullshit just doesn't fly IMO.

As to my car, I can tell it drives a bit more aggressive, shifts are quicker, etc. It's nothing eye watering but there's only so much you can do with a tune and stock car anyway. Like I said earlier, at best, Bama gets 3.5 stars....mainly for decent drivabiity and $100 off. Customer service is a 2 out of 5. Bama would not be at the top for my next tune.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com

Hey Dough - Bama has quite a few guys running their tunes with great feedback - Have you had a datalog set up with them or did you let them know ? They're happy to tweak the tune for you as you see fit. Shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'm happy to have this facilitated for you.

Alex

Put in a request for a revision. I can tell you that SCT auto tuning on the 2015's is still a bit spotty.

Thanks Sid - You're absolutely right - We need to take into consideration that these cars have only been on the ground for about 6 months now and they require some effort to get dialed in properly.

I don't think the tune is mild, more medium. It was a bit frustrating at first as when I called to give them my info, the guy on the phone really didn't listen to what I was saying. I wanted to make sure he had my email and number right, he said, "yeah, yeah, I got it." Well, he didn't have it, wrote them both down wrong. How do I know? I was supposed to receive an email within an hour that had a form to fill out, never got it. When I called back, I then found out my information was wrong.

Then, a week later, still no tune. I called, took some time to find my info but they did and I was told I didn't write down the correct computer code. I asked why they didn't just call or email me, they said they sent an email. So I said, go ahead and resend it right now, that way I can see the date and what not. Can you guess? Never got the resend, never recieved the original.

On the good side, I did get $100 off the initial price and the car drives decent but it's not as good as my AED tune was in my 2012 Mustang GT. Granted, it was a manual and things were quite a bit figured out by that point but AED had superior customer service for sure. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and the "yeah, yeah I got it" Bullshit just doesn't fly IMO.

As to my car, I can tell it drives a bit more aggressive, shifts are quicker, etc. It's nothing eye watering but there's only so much you can do with a tune and stock car anyway. Like I said earlier, at best, Bama gets 3.5 stars....mainly for decent drivabiity and $100 off. Customer service is a 2 out of 5. Bama would not be at the top for my next tune.

Hey Bunk - I'm sorry to hear about the service that you received on their end and I'm pretty shocked! That's definitely not how we or Bama operates and I'd really like to dig into this for you. I know it's the busy season and everyone's gearing up to hit the track but from what you're describing it sounds like there was a huge miss on our end. Shoot me a PM so I can work with you on this and see how I can make your experience more positive!

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread