Bama Tune Lean?

ITSMY5.0

ITSMY5.0
Established Member
Hey guys I have a 2012 coyote with jlt intake, bama tune, off road x, borla axels, and 4.10. I had my car dyno'd at a local shop to find out it is Very lean...idk much about it but the guy said I was almost 17-1. Anyone else have this problem? I have been considering a custom dyno tune but am not crapping money so I need advice first. Bama tune crap? I emailed them 3 times and got no response, by the time I get off work they are closed. Help!

sloppymax

Established Member
While you would not be disappointed with the above mentioned tuner, there is something seriously wrong with the tune, the car or his equipment. I assume he shut the run down when he saw the a/f spike? Did he say it was registering 17:1 at WOT, idle or partial throttle? Just trying to get more information.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I am currently running a Bama tune in my 2013 and I had to datalog my car and send the logs to Bama several times before they got the tune dialed in. This is on the 87 octane street tune. Don't give up on getting yours dialed in unless you are going to bite the bullet and get a custom tune. Have a friend ride with you and control the laptop while you drive. Make three separate logs:

Log#1- Log car at idle for 2 minutes (with engine warm).

Log#2 - Log car in 3rd gear from 1.1K - 5K rpm (slow and steady climb...should take a minimum 20-30 seconds to do).

Log#3 - Log car in 3rd gear from 2K-Redline.

After you have done this, send all three logs to Bama and they should have all of the info needed to correct and send you a revised tune. Once you get the new tune, repeat that process again to have them review the new data. They may or may not have to make more adjustments to the tune. Be patient and log the car as many times as it takes to get it right. They can and will get you straightened out. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Last edited:

pohnjarker

Established Member
he's emailed three separate times according to his post with no response.
that's typical for BAMA from personal experience and what ive read on this board multiple times.
I was told by BAMA that my tune was fine and there was no reason to data log it. wrong answer. you cant send out a can tune and expect it to work on every single car the same, cuz it doesnt.
i went to AED and have been more than happy ever since.

Snake40

Established Member
AED will be your safest choice. He's unbelievable in his service times.
Don't play around with your engine.
Good luck !
Mike

NickSezz

Established Member
Nights of Columbus 17:1 AFR?!

I find that a bit hard to believe unless there is a serious vacuum leak somewhere. If you data log the car I would be glad to take a look at them for you as well.

ITSMY5.0

ITSMY5.0
Established Member
I really want to get a dyno tune but everybody swears by AED. I might try them... I just don't want to have to keep data logging and emailing and playing tag. Did AED get your tunes spot on first try? by the way my tune was 93 performance tune.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I emailed Bama and got a reply within 5 hours.... maybe I'm out of the norm.

Just going with Bama since I have a h pipe/axle back...

When I go F/I, I'll probably have TSS tune it or another local shop.

Last edited:

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I really want to get a dyno tune but everybody swears by AED. I might try them... I just don't want to have to keep data logging and emailing and playing tag. Did AED get your tunes spot on first try? by the way my tune was 93 performance tune.

AED makes u datalog to get any tune!! He sends u a base tune after ur first set of datalogs. Then u datalog on the base tune and after he gets those he sends u the final tunes!! Can be a hassle but well worth it TRUST ME!!! I had a dyno tune and it made great power but cut power if I shifted past 7000 rpm ( I have boss manifold and shift at 7500 so this was a huge issue). On the AED tune I made the same power on the dyno and doesn't cut power anymore and drives better with better gas mileage!!!!

Snake40

Established Member
AED is very responsive.
I had the same reservations about all the back and forth but it was very easy, fast and made me understand its for my own good.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
i have to step in and ruin the AED circle jerk, sorry boys.

simply DL your tune, and send it to bama. their tunes are great, like ALL email tunes sometimes they need to be adjusted.

i dunno what some of your ideas of help are....spend $250+ for a tune that will make 5whp more or simply get it touched up.

my bama tune makes pretty much in line with what every other tuner makes. i was lucky enough to have a pretty good tune out of the box from bama.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have to step in and ruin the AED circle jerk, sorry boys.

simply DL your tune, and send it to bama. their tunes are great, like ALL email tunes sometimes they need to be adjusted.

i dunno what some of your ideas of help are....spend $250+ for a tune that will make 5whp more or simply get it touched up.

my bama tune makes pretty much in line with what every other tuner makes. i was lucky enough to have a pretty good tune out of the box from bama.

I have had both bama and aed before going FI, The bama tune felt better than stock and the aed better than Bama.

zemog255

Established Member
There's nothing wrong with your tune. Your dyno operator had the AFR "sniffer' in the tail pipe. I have also heard of leaving advance trac on causing a lean condtion to what extent I'm not sure. Anyways the commanded AFR readings are from your factory o2 sensors alot further upstream than at the end of the exhaust. You don't get an AFR that lean and have a running car, or atleast without some very noticeable issues.

Last edited:

mikeyfitz

Established Member
Ive had BAMA and there is no issues, and if there is, datalog, email it and they are fast as shit with response. So I am not sure who you're emailing lol

Users who are viewing this thread