Bama roll call!

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Ken,
I will be moving to the east side of Birmingham in a October. Probably Irondale or Trussville. Are there any good 1/4 mile tracks in that area?

David

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
EPCobra said:
Ken,
I will be moving to the east side of Birmingham in a October. Probably Irondale or Trussville. Are there any good 1/4 mile tracks in that area?

David

Steele and Montgomery are the only 1/4 mile tracks. Steele= crap....or it did last time I was there, but I have heard they are improving.

P.S I want to see your car when you move out here.

golstho

Established Member
1/4

montgomery is a good track, when it is prepped right. on friday's test and tune they kinda scimp on the vht and run a skeleton crew but its not so bad.

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Thanks guys. It sucks that they closest decent track is in Montgomery. I was hoping there would be something in B'Ham. I can't wait to get to a good altitiude. El Paso is at 4000 ft. What about modular performance shops? I am going to need an engine rebuild before too long. You all take it easy.

David

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Hey, like some of the other said there is Steel and MMP. Steel has recently repaved most of the track. I have not been there scence they have done that. There are a couple of 1/8 tracks close around like bama dragway and Lasiter Mtn. Those 2 tracks are not that great either and i dont care for the 1/8. I wanna see your car when you move here also! By the way, I live in Irondale myself. Its a good area and it is close to things.

Ken

EPCobra said:
Ken,

David

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Slow04Cobra said:
Between Cullman and Huntsville here. Not too bad here, just lightning and hard rain. Carpercitycobra, how far are you from Summerville, Ga? I have several friends from school over in that area. Where do all the car folks hang out in north Al, we need to get some kind of get together or what not sometime.

Slow

Summerville isn't too far, it's a few miles south of LaFayette. We get more visitors from Lafayette way as opposed to Summerville.

I-59 is closer to Summerville than LaFayette though.

This is kind of a blast from the past, I was in Dalton GA when I posted and now I am in Nashville TN...much further away. :( I'm closer to Bowling Green KY now...

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Tide612,
I am moving to the Trussville area in a month or so. I got a place in Argo right outside of town. We need to get together when I get there. Is there a lot of Cobras in the area.

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
There are a few of us running around Birmingham. We do all need to get together for a cruise and then hit one of the Saturday night car shows. The large one is in Trussville, i think its the third Saturday of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread