Bama or steeda?

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I sent my heart throb after cat h pype and ota pypes back to AM because I want a lethal offroad h and plan on keeping the resonators I put my gt500 axle back on and love it. I can't put the o/r h on with out a tune and can't afford both right now so I'm going wit a tuner. Of course aed would be great but to much money right now so its bama or steeda what do you guys think?

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I love my bama tune

Only mods I have are the lethal off road H and gt500 ab.

Time in sig was stock... might goto the track this Friday... heat/humidity is a biatch here though now.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I cant say anything bad about bama, but I have Steeda, and so do a lot of other guys. Try to find a car around the forums with a problem with any Steeda tune.

My SCT from 2011 went bad when they added the updated tune a few months ago to put on my LT's, and they gave me a brand new updated one :banana:

If you go Steeda, call, and ask for Gus. Tell him Robert sent you. (In Local)
Thanks
RC

dead man walkin

Established Member
I have had both. The steeda felt safe. Slow but safe, lots of torque management, if I had a blower or turbo I'd run the steeda again, but mildly modded the bama was faster hands down I raced my friends modded charger with both and with steeda I lost over and over, but other than that a good tunr

mhyjek

Established Member
I sent my heart throb after cat h pype and ota pypes back to AM because I want a lethal offroad h and plan on keeping the resonators I put my gt500 axle back on and love it. I can't put the o/r h on with out a tune and can't afford both right now so I'm going wit a tuner. Of course aed would be great but to much money right now so its bama or steeda what do you guys think?
You get what you pay for. I had both in addition to AED and to be honest save your money and wait for AED it was faster but the drive ability and getting all the nannies to shut off is above reproach in addition to have a specific tune to your cars datalogs is the way to go! Currently I switching to Lund since beef is doing my FI build and he uses lund and he has been nothing but great to me! But if I'm not happy I will give Shaun a call!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. I can't wait and save for aed it will be a while before I have some play money. I have been off work since September due to medical issues and i am just now getting better and should be back to work in 2-4 weeks. The only reason I'm able to buy a tuner is because my family surprised me on my 30th birthday with an exhaust for my car. I kept the gt500 axleback but sent the heart throb stuff back and with my refund on that ($380) I'm getting a tuner. Steeda is $379 for the sct handheld with there tune and bama is the same price although bama comes with three diffrent tunes and a cylinder #8 warranty. I'm not sure if I like the three diffrent tune deal bama has I don't want to constantly be switching tunes to find wich one I like the best I would rather just have one good all around tune that gains power throughout the entire rev range not just mid range gains with one tune and high rpm gains with the other ec. That warranty is very tempting though.

drewzx3

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and go aed. Great customer service. My friend went through 5 or more tunes from all the big names and was finally happy aftr going aed.

cuzracecar

Established Member
Ive had 3 big name tunes and ended up with aed, only thing I changed was the tune at the track and ran 2 tenths faster and had better street manners

GT915

Established Member
If it were me and I had to pick from just those two, I'd go Bama just for the peace of mind that comes with the #8 warranty.

MR.SVT

Established Member
Another vote for Steeda, been going to them for years. Always the best customer service and their products are second to none. JMHO. Goodluck with whoever you choose enjoy the ride.:beer:

tj@steeda

Established Member
Sounds like you can't go wrong with Steeda ... Gus is very, very good at writing tunes.

Let me know if I can help you get started with the process at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Well I'm pulling the trigger here on my tuner in like 5 min but I'm still a little torn. I would go steeda just because of how safe there tunes are and I can't find any bad reviews but on the other hand bama's tune makes more power which is always good although it makes me nervous because its more on the edge but who cares they have a warranty. If steeda had the #8 warranty I'd go with them but I don't think I can pass that up, yeah I'm going bama I'm about to order it right now. :beer:

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
Make sure you are not running to lean with Bama as i have seen a few running 14.0 WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread