Bama 4 Bank Chip

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Is anyone running with a Bama/SCT 4 bank eliminator chip?

I ordered one from American Muscle, plugged it into the computer and my car runs like extreme crap.

It has 4 tunes - stock, 87, 91, 93 octane.

Even on the "stock" setting the car shudders, and runs so rich I can fill my garage with black smoke easily. The theft light also continues to blink.

I've contacted tech support and have not heard back yet - was just wondering if anyone has come across this and if so what you did to fix it.
I know AM will retune for free.
Just wondering if I did something wrong on my end.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I have one but never used it yet, but I have read the install manual a few times. It's my understanding that cleaning the contacts on the computer are super important to get right. If you have any doubt pull it and scrape and clean the contacts some more. If you don't already have the install manual go to SCT website and down load it. It's good info.

Snagmaster

Established Member
I've got one I bought off a running car with all the paperwork, did they tell you a ballpark for increased power/torque on each tune?, yes mine works on all four tunes but the paperwork doesn't state power gains.

Thanks

MustangMatt77

Established Member
They didn't specify any increases, just that 87 is good for a DD, 91 is ok for DD, 93 only for racing.

I may have an O2 sensor issue that is causing my problems.
I cleared my cel's and will recheck and repost in the morning.

Snagmaster

Established Member
That's about what I was told by the seller, I use the 91 tune as a DD but we have 92 octane here so no worrys, I'm kind of wondering if I should send mine in to see if the tunes have been updated.

Another thing is that they make a contact enhancer called " Caig De-Oxit Gold" available from Fry's electronic stores and online.

It is snake oil in a can that actually works, amazing stuff. I've used it for years in my audio hobby on switches and every electrical connection.

It destroys oxidation and preserves connections for years that would normally degrade and quit working.

I use it every time I remove an electrical connection and plug it back in, just flat out works every time.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I'll look and see what I can find here to clean it better.
I know I have free tunes for life as I am the original purchaser of the chip. Not sure how that works for a resale buyer.

I did pull 5 codes this morning which is definitely causing my issues. (My cel light is burned out so I did t know I had an issue).

P1443
P0155
P1151
P0161
P0156

All but one indicate an issue with the rear O2 sensors.

I am going to check my purge control solenoid & sensor/ vac lines.

Other than that for the rest of the codes I will check the O2 fuse, trans harness, and rear O2 harnesses/ pins.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a exhaust leak, but I'll check while I'm under there.

Does anyone have any input to these obd codes?

The car runs fine, just gets terrible gas mileage.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread