Ball Question

VaporDude

Established Member
Who has the best feeling balls for the shifter? I want one that is bigger than what came with the car. I want to know that I have a ball in my hand when I shift the car. The ball right now is a little bigger than a ping pong ball.

VaporDude

Established Member
I want to get it froma place that is not going to take months to get. Everytime I order something from SPP, it takes forever to get it. I think I want to try and get one that is silver with the black lettering.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
Google "delrin shift knob". It's metal but feels like silk literally, also for the most part doesnt get hot or cold. By far the best feeling shift knob, different companies make a ton of styles.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
WoW!! We can add a bigger ball too!! I'm amazed!! Just when you thought the ball couldn't get any bigger driving this thing!! LMAO!! "The ball is just too small, I need a bigger ball in my hand!!!:thumbsup:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wouldn't everyone like a bigger ball? Maybe a taller shifter handle to make that 1-2 shift a little easier?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Wouldn't everyone like a bigger ball? Maybe a taller shifter handle to make that 1-2 shift a little easier?

rather they stop using the stupid rubber bushings to make the 1-2 shift easier...matter of fact Ford should take advantage and allow people to add certain mods to the order of their performance cars :shrug:

Hourigan218

Established Member
I looked into the SPP ball and like it as well. I know I have to order the retainer with the ball but was wondering if it's a (pain in the ball) to remove the stock one?

Marc

Established Member
Shelby performance parts ball is what I have. It's slightly bigger and looks stellar. Feels smooth. Glad I got it.

Shelby GT500 Shift Knob

I have been trying to order one from these guys in a custom color and they still have yet to get back to me. I have posted like 4 times in their thread. And the thing is, there are 3 other people that want the same color combo I want.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I have been trying to order one from these guys in a custom color and they still have yet to get back to me. I have posted like 4 times in their thread. And the thing is, there are 3 other people that want the same color combo I want.

go to redawg shifter website...get a custom one there

and yes, everyone has said the stock shifter is an absolute bitch to remove

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
rather they stop using the stupid rubber bushings to make the 1-2 shift easier...matter of fact Ford should take advantage and allow people to add certain mods to the order of their performance cars :shrug:

If Ford allowed customers to dictate more than 5 or 6 options on these cars, they WOULD NOT be able to sell them for under $100k. Then we would be talking about hand-built Ford GT's and Ferraris. The production line doesn't allow for customer specific customization.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Google "delrin shift knob". It's metal but feels like silk literally, also for the most part doesnt get hot or cold. By far the best feeling shift knob, different companies make a ton of styles.

Delrin is actually Polyoxymethylene plastic that is CNC machined like metal.

I looked into the SPP ball and like it as well. I know I have to order the retainer with the ball but was wondering if it's a (pain in the ball) to remove the stock one?

To remove the shifter ball, I used a piece of silicone mat used to open jar tops (for the wife) and actually started life as a key board cover. I also did not use a retainer and it looks fine. The boot just floats.

I ordered mine from Shelby and received it in 3 days. Standard shipping.

I live in California. I got my knob from Shelby in 24 hours.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
If Ford allowed customers to dictate more than 5 or 6 options on these cars, they WOULD NOT be able to sell them for under $100k. Then we would be talking about hand-built Ford GT's and Ferraris. The production line doesn't allow for customer specific customization.

im talking about small things that would be dealer installed options

qachargh

Established Member
5 posts before a balls joke. Well done people.

Is the '13 knob a billiard ball like the '11 and '12 or is it just plastic?

The delrin shift knobs are nice. That's what I had in my focus after my aluminum knob. It was nice being able to shift the car during the summer without wearing gloves.

Snoopy49

Established Member
What other options are there when it comes to shifter knobs? I have never been a fan of the billiard ball knob.

Users who are viewing this thread