bail bondsmen/enforcement agents?

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
Particularly, what is sworn Law enforcement's view on this service? While i can understand them being, in one way, a comparable liason between the court system and helping the sheer workload of some agencies, some of their cowboy antics, make me question the legality of the profession.. what training (if any) is there? is it entirely up to the state and municpality in which they work, to determine the bounderies of their authority?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Bounty Hunters do NOT aid L.E., nor do they relieve our workload. They go after someone bonded by a particular agency, not on behalf of the City, County, State or Fed. They want their bondsman's money back. Their warrants, if it reaches that point are FTA's and they are addressed on a priority scale. Most people who jump arent big time offenders or serious criminals, as they remain in jail.

I have run into a few in my time and they are usually very professional and appreciate any help we can offer. I have yet to run into a "cowboy." There are a couple that come very close to breaking the law and impersonating L.E.

Each state has different rules and requirements. The training is minimal, if any, where required.

The two best I met were both former L.E.O.s

Users who are viewing this thread