bagged trucks?

cam302

89 vert
Established Member
what do you all think about them i am looking at buying one for a DD its a 98 single cab S10 it has bags in the front and air shocks in the back. it can lay the frame but from the looks of the truck it looks like he has only done it a few times like he says. do you all think they are cool. has any one had one or has one? if so let me see yours. oh and he wants 2500 for it.

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
one of my buddies has one... and so do alot of d guys at my work... my buddy is laying frame in his chevy with 24's... there pretty cool... but they spent alot of money doin custom work to them... "/

l_d98f88da26f73acf3943b9450d0407df.jpg

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
im not big on them i mean some of them are ok but most of them look hidious and like the owner is trying to hard but idk i mean i guess if you like to ruin your frame and stuff while throwing sparcs its ok but id rather have a fast car because when ur going fast it looks sweet but when your truck is riding on the ground it looks like its broken like it shocks have gon bad or something so idk its up to you

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Overall I like the extreme ones where awesome customization/fabrication went into them.

most "frame draggers" are shoddily built and I wouldnt trust them as a DD to save my life. Like any modification type out there, theres people that do it the right way, and ones that do it the wrong ways.

im not big on them i mean some of them are ok but most of them look hidious and like the owner is trying to hard but idk i mean i guess if you like to ruin your frame and stuff while throwing sparcs its ok but id rather have a fast car because when ur going fast it looks sweet but when your truck is riding on the ground it looks like its broken like it shocks have gon bad or something so idk its up to you

have you been drinking?

this is probably the hardest to read single-sentence paragraph ive seen you post.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

:lol: u drunk mang?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Get ready, owing a bagged vehicle requires you to spend a ton of $ simply on up keep. Its not one of those things where you can spen X amount of dollars and just drive. There is always something that can be done for up keep.

Domingo

LTs on a V6 Vert
Established Member
If you want to bag a truck, do it yourself and do it right. Don't make the mistake of buying someone else's problem.

From the sound of the post, you have no idea about what to look for to even know if the previous owner did it the right way or not. Get educated about what you want to buy, before you buy it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If you want to bag a truck, do it yourself and do it right. Don't make the mistake of buying someone else's problem.

From the sound of the post, you have no idea about what to look for to even know if the previous owner did it the right way or not. Get educated about what you want to buy, before you buy it.

Precisely. A good friend of mine (on this site) had a half bagged blazer and then a bagged silverado. He bought a good kit and did a great job putting it together and it worked perfectly with no problems. I've seen some bad setups and I've heard there are some bad kits out there. These things usually involve chopping the frame in half, then welding it back together, not to mention taking out and moving a lot of the supports. If you don't know what you are doing, you really screw up the truck.

timstrucknewest.jpg

timsupdatedtruck.jpg

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Get ready, owing a bagged vehicle requires you to spend a ton of $ simply on up keep. Its not one of those things where you can spen X amount of dollars and just drive. There is always something that can be done for up keep.

WTF are you talking about? I had a bagged Sonoma for a year and a half. Only thing I had to replace in that time is a couple of fittings and nitrogen refills. The nitrogen was an optional expense also. What is going to wear out that requires so much upkeep money?

stangaholic280

Established Member
Not a fan. Trucks are meant to go up IMO, but that's just me. Occasionally I see a decent looking one, but most just look like POS with more invested in the bags than the actual truck.

Black Sex

Established Member
A guy I work with has one. It a '00 S10, bagged, shaved, custom sheet metal dash, 2 12" W7, with a 6.0L. I took this pic last year at the SVTP omaha cruise
102_1126.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread