Bad vibrations......

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
So, I took her out for the first time since getting back yesterday. Around 40 I start to get a bad vibration that gets worse when I let off the gas while in gear. It's worse at around 60-80. Has anybody ran into this? I'm starting to think it could be a tire balance issue. Thanks for the help gents.

Posted via Topify using Android

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
That is what I'm guessing. I got her to 105 and when I let off the gas it vibrated the rear view all the way down. I'm gonna get it balanced just cause now.

afcobra01

Established Member
Yes sir I believe that is your issue. I just had the tires balanced on the my Cobra I just bought. Before the balancing it shook me all over at speeds around 40 up. Now they are smooth as can be. Cheap fix if that's the issue you have. Hope it fixes the problem.

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
Yes sir I believe that is your issue. I just had the tires balanced on the my Cobra I just bought. Before the balancing it shook me all over at speeds around 40 up. Now they are smooth as can be. Cheap fix if that's the issue you have. Hope it fixes the problem.

That is exactly when mine kicks in. I'll be taking it to the shop Friday that has the road force balance machine. I appreciate all the input gents.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I'd put money on it being blown-out front and rear differential mounts.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Out of balance tires
wheel bearing going bad
out of balance drive shaft
back lash on gears

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
I'm taking her to get the tires balanced Friday. If it doesn't fix the issue then I will start working my way forward. Found missing weights on the wheels so I'm hoping that's the issue.

afcobra01

Established Member
Glad the balancing worked for you. Cheap fix. What kind of rims are going for. I have started to think that myself. Maybe next spring after the winter storage on the old tires. They are ready for replacement. I think I will go back with the BF Goodrich G Force that on there now. They are nice tires.

Users who are viewing this thread