Bad Vibrations

cobraman302

Established Member
I have an 86' Mustang 5.0 Coupe 5 speed. The problem im having is that its making a bad vibration ot higher RPM's like around 3000 an on up. This vibration even occurs when the car is running at idle sometimes. I have put a new clutch and flywheel in it and the problem just got worse to where i can hear a noise coming from the rear of the car. I have even replaced the yoke, and u-joints. I need some help, I have tried just bout everything.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Have you done any driveline mods? (i.e. gears, driveshaft?) Stepping up the gears can cause the vibration, as the stock driveshaft is not balanced correctly.

cobraman302

Established Member
There are 4:10 gears on it. But why would it still virate at a stand still when it is revved. And the driveshaft is stock, which was the first guess, but a guy told me that it could be a wrong crank in the car. Something about they balanced them different before 81, and when the motor was built there could have been an older crank put into it. :shrug:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
DOH yeah I didn't think about that, forgot you said it did it at idle to. I would look into the crank issue.

Users who are viewing this thread