Bad throttle body?

jchristena

Established Member
Running the FRPP twin 65. This has happened twice in 2 days now.

Basically, car will run fine. I'll shut the car off for one reason or another and then start it back up a few min later. It will idle perfectly but there is almost no throttle at all. I mean no throttle to the point of putting the gas pedal on the floor and having the revs very slowly rise to ~maybe~ 1200 rpms...there is almost nothing there. Again, idling just fine.

The first time, I shut it off and started it back up and everything was fine. The second time, I let it idle for maybe 30 secs and everything straightened itself out. I thought it might be the TB sticking but I would think that would throw a code of some sort.

Any ideas?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
This is fairly common I think even with stock throttle bodies. I don't know if anyone has every figured out what the problem is but I don't think your tb is bad.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I've also had it happen on my '13 but after some time it never happened again. It's called " dead pedal". Once with an L&M TB on my '08 my tuner took it back in tweaked the milli-amp TB signal and it went away. If it continuously happens your tuner may hopefully see some TB signal fluctuation on a laptop .

Users who are viewing this thread