bad start to my year electrical guys help

super98snake

super98snake
Established Member
so i got a 98 cobra that i just put a new motor and trans in and all that good stuff with an aftercooled vortech v-1 t-trim and i went to start it and it has like no power to crank i had to reloacte my bettery in the trunk but i used a volt metter and i have 12.1 at all conections even in the engine compartment and at the positive at the starter but the little wire going to the starter has about 3 volts and i tracked it down to the fuse box and threw a different starter fuse in it and still doing the same thing and i have a starter circuit diagram and it says that current runs thru the anti-theft in the trunk?
is this where i need to check next?

help if you can

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
How old is the battery? When was the last time you set it on a charger? It may not have enough cranking amps, the voltage is low. Your state of charge is not that great. You should have 12.6-8 at the battery for a full charge.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Check and make sure your grounds( motor and battery ) are clean and tight. Most people just bolt their ground to a painted body part, and they don't get a good enough connection.

THAITED

Established Member
Check and make sure your grounds( motor and battery ) are clean and tight. Most people just bolt their ground to a painted body part, and they don't get a good enough connection.

Also don't forget to ground the engine to the chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread