Bad Restaurant Experiences

lizardbreath

Banned
Who here has had a lousy restaurant experience?

I bring this up because I went out to the Olive Garden yesterday and I recieved probably the worst service in the history of me going out. I get there and I was told it would 15 minutes before we would be seated so I waited politely until it would be my turn to be sat. Well about 30 minutes go by and I had just been chatting with my mom & dad and I still haven't been called, so I go up to the front and asked where my name was on the list. I give the host my name and she says i'm not on the list but she will get me seated shortly. So we wait and about 5 minutes later we are seated at a table and here is when all the fun starts....

My waitress comes up and welcomes us to the olive garden and takes our drink order. She comes back with ALL THE WRONG DRINKS and she apologizes and goes back to the kitchen. So then she comes back 10 minutes later with our drinks and breadsticks and takes our order down. Me and my parents are talking about their recent vacation to Greece and the girl comes out with a single plate in her hand and gives it to my dad and lo and behold it was something my dad didn't order. So I asked her where the rest of our food was and she was like it will be out in like 10 minutes.

Here is when I started to get angry...

I replied with "You brought out my dad's meal wrong and you were going to make us wait another 10 minutes after he got his meal to give us ours?" She replied with "Yes" and then walked away. Well we get our food out and it's cold and I ask for a refill on my soda and so does my mom and we start eating. Throughout the meal I ask every waiter that walks by for a refill because my stupid waitress is no where to be seen. Well we all get done and were sitting there chatting and trying to make the best of things when the bitch comes back and is like "I'm sorry I was on break did Sean take care of you?" I asked her "Who the hell is Sean and no he didn't take care of us and neither have you. I would like to talk to a manager."

The manager comes by and I tell him all that happened and he said that he would take 10% off of our bill. I told him that sucked but he said that he didn't feel the need to take more than 10% off of our bill. So i'm like well I don't feel the need to pay for bad service and poor food preparation and walked out the door with my mom & dad.

txyaloo

Established Member
I went to a place several weeks back and had a similar experience. We were seated immediately. The waiter comes over and speaks such poor ebonics we struggled to understand him. He takes our drink order and 10 minutes later comes back with them. Mind you, these drink glasses are the size of a freaking kids sippy cup.

We order our meals and order a soup and salad before the meal. 20 minutes go by and still no soup, salad, or drink refills. The waiter finally shows up with the soup and of course, it's cold. Another 10 minutes or so goes by and here comes our meal. Still no drink refill at this point. The entire meal is cold. As we're eating, this joker has several other tables seated. Up until then, we were his only table. He pulls the same thing on one of his other tables. Get's the drink order of a family of 6 and then just disappears. They eventually got up and left.

40 mins after we got there, he brings us our check. Again, no drink refill. He got a great tip. We wrote, "Provide better service if you expect a tip in the future" on the back of the check.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Any time this happens to me a CHAIN restaurant, if the manager does not correct the problem to my satisfaction, the minute I get home I simply go online to the company web site and file a complaint while everything is fresh in my mind. Don't use slang, slurs, derogatory remarks, or guess, just state the facts in a clear order.

Usually you will get a gift card with an apology letter in the mail, which I will then use at a different corporate location.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I normally have good luck at places like Chili's and Buffaloe Wild Wings.

Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday's and O'charlies are at the bottom of my list.

Olive Garden rules.

We had bad service once when we waited for our dinner for about 45 minutes. The manager came out and gave us a $45 gift card because of it, so good times.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I know Denny's isnt exactly got the rep as best place to eat out, but the last two times I have gone there I have had problems. First we got there, and no one was at the counter for 10 mins(i started timing) then we got seated, and no one came to us for another 25 minutes to get our drink orders. We ordered our food right then, we got our drinks a few minutes later. But after an hour we finally got up an left. This has been what has happened the last two times I have gone there.

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
We were at Hooters and we asked for an ice bag to keep our beer cold plus another pitcher. When we see the waitress walk up to our table she has our new pitcher in one hand and the ice bag in her armpit. She then proceeds to put the ice bag inside our old pitcher.:xpl:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
A few years back on Prom night we went to this new restaurant. It was huge and very nice. We had been there before and everything was fine. This time theres about a group of 20-30 people. Understandable that we will have to wait and it will take a while for all of the food to arrive.

So we get seated and begin to order. They are sold out of basically everything. I was like "WTF?" How in the hell does this huge ass place get sold out of food? So I order a steak and an hour later it finally arrives. It was terrible. Probably the worst steak I ever had. And some of my friends still hadn't gotten their food yet. I said **** it, ate my food, told my g/f to come on and we left. I didnt pay, leave a tip, or say anything to any employee there.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
that is a crappy outting and i think olive gardens everywhere are like that

too many stories to start, there are some good ones here

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Last (meaning final as well as most recent) time I went to Olive garden, we ordered the obligatory soup/salad/breadstick lunch. My coworkers & I were all in dress shirts & ties so what does the stupid twat do? She pours a fcking bowl of hot tomato-based soup down the sleeve of my brand new $100 white shirt. Didn't get my meal comp'd, didn't get an apology from a manager, didn't even get my fcking dry cleaning paid for. Ergo they --never-- get my business again.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
That Olive Garden dinner sounds like a horrible expirience.

We just have problems like the waitress giving herself another $14 added to her tip after we sign the credit card slip. Happened to us and my parents before.

Its called fraud, sister.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
penny tip those bastards...got the same waitress another time at the same restraunt and immediately got up and went to a different table.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Wow, I've never had anything like that. Worst experience I've had was at a local place...the girl took almost 30 minutes to take our drink order, then didn't offer to take our order when she brought our drinks, she disappeared. We drank the drinks and ate some chips for about 5 minutes then left...havent been back.

Users who are viewing this thread