bad ps pump?

agent-orange

Established Member
Hi guys

My cobra started to make some squeaking noises, I put the blower belt off, to check where it comes from. The noises came from the inner belt, so I changed all pulley and also the belt tensioner. The bearings went bad. But the noises didnt go away, so I also changed the inner belt. I started the car, the noise was away, but after 5min I could hear a whining noise :-S

I checked from where the noise is coming from and it looks like that its coming from the ps pump. When I drive about 10-15min the noise goes away.

What you guys think? If it is the ps pump or just the bearing of the pulley? Where can I get a new pump?

I have another question about the serpentine belt. I bought a 96" belt and it was freaking hard to install the new belt, the belt is now super taut. The old one was quite easier to install. I only have a Meziere electric Waterpump installed. So could it be, that the 96" belt so too short? Or how tight it has to be? When I put the blower belt of its super easy.

Thanks for any help

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Does it whine louder when you turn the wheel? I replaced mine last year when it started whining. Also the ps fluid smelled burnt. Idk what's going on with your inner belt problem... Mine was easy to get on and off. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

agent-orange

Established Member
actually not, only when I drive faster, it get louder. I also had the problem, when I changed the PS fluid that there was some air in the system and everytime I turn the wheel or step on the brake, it made a stange sound. But that went away after I drove a bit around.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Remove your front belt and start the car.
That will help to eliminate the parts that are spun by the front belt.
I bet your bearing is going bad in your alternator,

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Check that the tensioner isnt bent. Mine bent and caused the belt not to ride correctly on the idlers and would squeak since it wasn't straight.

Users who are viewing this thread