bad news

8urzo6

Established Member
I was driving to work last wednesday it was 630am and still dark out. I was stoped at a red light light turns green and i go. I get 200 ft from the light and a guy turns left right in front of me. I plowed him going 35 mph. both air bags went off. The guy i hit tells the cop he thought he could beat me. He was ticketed not me. Well the truck sat in impound all week until this morning it was taken to a ford dealer they tore it all a part damage is at 14500 right now. The frame is bent right where the gear box bolt up and up under the cab. the front end is gone passanger door is messed and the cab doesnt sit straight with the bed anymore. I just want them to total it out. I dont think it will ever be right. Do you think they can get a frame repair well enough? not to mention the hit i will take if i ever go to trade it in. I just had to rant. :mj: :mj: :mj:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your loss, not sure what you are wanting out of this but I hope they total it for you and you can get a new one... There are still some 2004's on lots out there... I hate to say it but after a car is wrecked its never really the same...

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
damn, another one bites the dust. i wrecked my L a few days ago as well. unless your insurance company can't add, they WON'T total it out. they estimated my damage at $15.5k and they said that that was about 53% of the value of the vehicle. the guy told me that they don't even consider totaling out a vehicle until it reaches 70%-75% of the value.

on a side note....how did the inside of your cab taste after those bags went off? i almost puked from the toxic fumes that i was breathing in after my accident. those airbags are no joke!

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
oh....and they can fix the frame as long as the damage is mostly in the front. if the frame "diamonds" underneath, then they have to replace the frame and most likely will total out your truck. i'm so glad mine is a lease!

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
When my wife crunched her '02 Explorer, Progressive totalled it because the firewall was damaged. They said that is unsafe to try to repair. Sorry to say it, but I wouldn't want one that had frame damage so bad that you can see it. Good luck bro. The good news, however, is that you are ok. I don't mean to sound like my Mom on that, but money can fix/replace the truck. You can't buy back your health.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
sorry to hear about the L going down like that. If the frame is damaged like you said then it should get totaled out. I had that much damage plus more when I rolled my 00 last june and they totaled it out.

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
:thumbsup:
ITHAULS said:
When my wife crunched her '02 Explorer, Progressive totalled it because the firewall was damaged. They said that is unsafe to try to repair. Sorry to say it, but I wouldn't want one that had frame damage so bad that you can see it. Good luck bro. The good news, however, is that you are ok. I don't mean to sound like my Mom on that, but money can fix/replace the truck. You can't buy back your health.
How bout when you go to the hospital...you have to pay for that dont you. So basically your paying for your health right there.

sonicblustreak

Established Member
a coworker of mine did $21,000 in damage to his cobra conv. and they refused to total it. It took the dealer 6 months to fix it. He has since wiped it again, and again they are fixing it.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
sorry to hear about that, but if your interested in getting a new one, there are plenty in the classifides.....
good luck

ViciousJay

Established Member
:nonono: ****ING IDIOT Drivers, do they not understand these trucks are at a limit build? well thats 2 L's i know that are scrap metal, sorry to hear your loss

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
8urzo6 said:
... I was stoped at a red light light turns green and i go. I get 200 ft from the light and a guy turns left right in front of me. I plowed him going 35 mph. both air bags went off. The guy i hit tells the cop he thought he could beat me... I just had to rant. :mj: :mj: :mj:

Sorry about that jackass smacking your truck. As a daily driver I've noticed that a lot of people underestimate the jump of these trucks off the line. I constantly have to watch for people pulling out in front of me when I'm leaving a red light. It would've been really hard for me not to monkeystomp the guy. :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread