Bad news for the '14?

m1man05

Established Member
I've read a few threads discussing the possibility of Ford cancelling the 2014 GT500 production....and unfortunately the dealer I have been working with (and are family friends) told me the rep was in on Friday and stated "Ford engineers are currently talking about not having a 2014 after all".

The dealer said that even if there is an order/pricing guide, that's no guarantee that Ford will produce the car.

What have others heard recently? I would think they have to tell us in the next few weeks.

PS - I understand it's all speculation at this point...

*UPDATE 12/18/12 3:15 EST*

Thanks to all of the replies in this thread, I used the info to pressure the dealer...here was their email...

"The answer from our rep is yes, the 14 will be built. I can order you a car. We still can’t tell you it will be here in April if they are not scheduling until March.

We are an svt dealer, so there is not a problem with that.

We usually auction these type of cars on ebay, or something related to that. ***** and ***** finished talking about it today, and they are willing to forgo
This, and order it in for you for Msrp plus tax, plates. I will need a $1,000.00 down payment and a copy of your drivers liscense.

Have a great day!! Talk to you soon."

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I get so tired of people posting the bull$hit of what dealers say. Ford has already announced a 2014 GT500. The order banks are OPEN. Scheduling of the build start next week! Dealers have long ago paid their SVT fee for a 2013 AND 2014 allocation. I don't care if your dealer is a family friend or YOUR FAMILY, he doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about!! Sorry for the rant, but this gets old

Ferrcad

Established Member
I got a VOC, sale/order for the deal plus deposit so we will see what happens... I was reading on another forum that 2014 production will start in January/Feburary but Shelby production will not start untill March... Information was posted by a Team Shelby Regional Director... Any truth.... Hope all this works out for a June/July Delivery...

Last edited:

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I get so tired of people posting the bull$hit of what dealers say. Ford has already announced a 2014 GT500. The order banks are OPEN. Scheduling of the build start next week! Dealers have long ago paid their SVT fee for a 2013 AND 2014 allocation. I don't care if your dealer is a family friend or YOUR FAMILY, he doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about!! Sorry for the rant, but this gets old

I agree just 14 posts...and already scare tactics? Hmmmm....
14's are coming and what they were told is garbage, why waste the time money and energy of the dealers if they aren't going to be produced they have better things to do than to sell cars that won't be made....No one get your panties in a bunch. I don't have insider info...but the 2014 GT500 WILL BE PRODUCED!!

Well...ONLY if there is no apocalypse!

m1man05

Established Member

Relax boss, I agree with you..I think they will be produced. I was just more interested because the engineer said something. You're most likely right...that they don't have a clue. Either way...just like everything else in this world...no one can say for certain until its done (in this case until someone is sitting in a 2014 model). I think we can all agree there.

m1man05

Established Member
I agree just 14 posts...and already scare tactics? Hmmmm....
14's are coming and what they were told is garbage, why waste the time money and energy of the dealers if they aren't going to be produced they have better things to do than to sell cars that won't be made....No one get your panties in a bunch. I don't have insider info...but the 2014 GT500 WILL BE PRODUCED!!

Well...ONLY if there is no apocalypse!

I've been reading on the forum for a long time, never needed to write anything because I didn't have enough info. Not scare tactics....just trying to have a civil conversation. I even stated in my "14th post" that its speculation.

mullens

Established Member
I've been reading on the forum for a long time, never needed to write anything because I didn't have enough info. Not scare tactics....just trying to have a civil conversation. I even stated in my "14th post" that its speculation.

I think your dealer may be confusing the '14 with the '15 MY. Lots of speculation on that, but the 14's are a lock.

m1man05

Established Member
I think your dealer may be confusing the '14 with the '15 MY. Lots of speculation on that, but the 14's are a lock.

I even asked them that, but knowing these people they might not have been paying attention when the engineer was speaking...who knows.

Either way, hope you're right!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Your dealer is wrong. Tell them to learn their business or stop lying.

Shit is gettin old.

m1man05

Established Member
Your dealer is wrong. Tell them to learn their business or stop lying.

Shit is gettin old.

I emailed them a bit ago, as I get more info I'll close the loop.

As for lying, interesting point...think they would lie because they don't have an allocation?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

As for lying, interesting point...think they would lie because they don't have an allocation?

Or they already sold the allocation. Any dealer that paid for a 13 will also get a 14

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Did they have a 13 allocation? If so, they at least have 1 14 allocation.

I don't think they're necessarily lying, they just don't know.

It sounds like they are speaking about the "2015 Ford Shelby GT500", which will not be produced.

m1man05

Established Member
Did they have a 13 allocation? If so, they at least have 1 14 allocation.

I don't think they're necessarily lying, they just don't know.

It sounds like they are speaking about the "2015 Ford Shelby GT500", which will not be produced.

Yeah, I physically saw them deliver a 2013 a long time ago...so I know they had an allocation. I will feed them that info also...trying to back them into a corner to either A) tell me they sold the allocation B) get them to pay attention and let me order the car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I physically saw them deliver a 2013 a long time ago...so I know they had an allocation. I will feed them that info also...trying to back them into a corner to either A) tell me they sold the allocation B) get them to pay attention and let me order the car.

Just tell them that they are extremely mistaken and that the ordering banks are open, and that you would like to place an order. No need to play games with them. :shrug:

m1man05

Established Member
Just tell them that they are extremely mistaken and that the ordering banks are open, and that you would like to place an order. No need to play games with them. :shrug:

Believe me...I've been telling them that!! lol I've used them for 20+ years for two pickup trucks every two years, so they are normally pretty spot on...thats why I wanted the input of this community. I really appreciate your help, and I'll keep pushing them...I even say listen I'll give you the down payment now, just try to put the order in. They said they couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread