bad news for my new cobra

BLK_VNM

Established Member
well turns out back when i was living at home years ago mom never filled taxs and now i owe and its a good chunk of change. only way to get the money is to sell the cobra or drop out of college so its an easy choice( if it can be called that). it sucks but its either sell the car or use it to run from tax collectors.:nonono::nonono::nonono:

03 zinc yellow 36k miles. asking 27,500 figured id offer it up for a local sale first but ill throw it on the market soon since i need to sell it pretty quick. as you can see ive hardly driven it and it was a fun weekend cruiser for me and i hardly got to use it from work being so busy over the fall.

if you run a carfax on it youll see theres been 4 owners me included on it but what happened was the guy i purchased it from originally owned it and then sold it to his friend. friend used it as a commuter decided it was to much car and sold it back to the orig owner who i bought it from. no accidents and no issues. this is the guy who had the incredible car collection.

here is the orig ad http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396784

since then i added magnaflow spun cats and magnapack mufflers as well as an irs brace. oil change and typical stuff was also done after i drove it back from ohio. also put on hid headlights, everything else is the same. there are no issues with the car and ac/heat work fine. interior looks just like the picks, brand new. theres more stuff on the car like gears that arent listed in the ad that ill try to remeber what they are. stock eaton, exhaust, sct hand tuner, extra whipple pulley stock t-body and plenum all come with the car. dont have the orig wheels.

corey has seen this car and can vouch for how clean it is.

cell is 571 437 7682 if anyone wants to come take a look or talk. it put down 570 / 512 at excessive and chris checked out the car and cleared it when i bought it. the rest of the work was done by precision performance out of dayton ohio.

justin

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
um... your mom forgot to fill out YOUR taxes... sounds like a lame excuse. But either way sorry to hear the news. Just remember to pay Uncle Sam so he can blow it on illegal immigrants and ignore the pot holes on the roads!!! IMO, u gota keep track of your own stuff so this doesnt happen again.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
WOW good luck to you and sorry to hear about your problem. To bad you can't sell yourself to some sugar mama??:banana::banana:

Hoping to bring a smile to your face my man.:dw:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Well, that sucks big time. I would talk to someone at the IRS and find out if you can work something out or go down to the bank and take out a loan, so you don't have to sell.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
yea believe me im going to try. and yes she forgot to do the state not the irs. i dont know the first thing about taxs so at the time they were still filling them for me. i think i had just turned 18 at the time as well.

ive taken care of my own taxs ever since i moved out( ironicly shortly after i hit 18). i honestly doubt id qualify for another loan just for the fact of all the loans out right now, house car school. ill be back hopefully next summer if i can get all this squared away over the winter have a new job and be done with school by next summer.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
on that old thread..in the picture of the engine bay...it looks like that ford racing sticker is comming off the side of the whipple..like its hanging there..for some reason that caught my eye.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
yea its off now. with the new 140ax's apparently they used bad glue to attach them so once the engine is heated up they start to slide and the glue loosens up. the previous owner said all you had to do was call and tell whipple and they would send you knew decals with better glue i just never got around to it.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
guy this car is CLEAN. underside aswell. and everything is done right.

justin, why not just demod it some, and sell the parts? i would have no problem helping you pull parts.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
yea i might do that. i am considering pulling the whipple and trying to sell that. im driving my audi down to carmax this weekend to see what they will give me for it. depending on how much i can get out of my audi i might try to part of the whipple and then put the eaton back on for the time being.

thanks for the offer ill let you know after this weekend whats up.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
damn, i would buy the whipple too, but im going right now to pick mine up lol.

just let me know on pulling the whipple we can do it at my house. just need to get some coffee to stay warm...

micksnip

Established Member
just a question-with the whipple, isn't it necessary to use a BAP? Is the gt pumps the reason why you don't need the BAP? By the way, that is a very nice rod. I really hope you don't need to sell it. Any chance of taking another school loan and using that to pay off the back taxes? Or is that illegal or unethical? How about your mom takes out a 2nd mortgage on her home, then you pay that off?

Micksnip

BLK_VNM

Established Member
well at the point im at right now i got other bills i just to worry about and dont want to cause any risk to my house or education. as much as it sucks to say it is just a car and ill have another cobra as soon as my finances allow. what i might do is take off the performance mods with coreys help and sell them to someone on here and trade them for there injectors and stuff + cash to get the most out of the car since its a slow time and then sell it for blue book to carmax. that should get me pretty close to what i paid and avoid a big loss.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
ot out of my tax meeting today and looks like the car has to go.only up side to this is the couple thousand i have left ill be able to sink into school and avoid any more loans. its a sad day for me.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
ot out of my tax meeting today and looks like the car has to go.only up side to this is the couple thousand i have left ill be able to sink into school and avoid any more loans. its a sad day for me.

Sorry to hear about this BUT you are right the schooling is much more important then the car is right now. Good luck to you with your education.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
sorry to hear this justin.

would you like to demod it some, or return it completely to stock? demodding it as much as possible will get maximum $$ out of it. email me a complete mod list when you get a chance. [email protected]

BLK_VNM

Established Member
i honestly dont know how much we could take out and then theres the fun part of trying to find stock parts and putting it back together.

i mean only thing we really could do is shifter whipple and injectors. everything else i think would be more trouble then its worth. so if someone wanted to buy those then i guess if i dont have a good hit or 2 in few weeks we can go ahead and do that.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
well i do have a good ammount of stock parts, alot of them i could just give to you, and we could work something out for the more expensive items.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
well i have the stock blower and plenum and t-body but the eaton has 6 or 7 broken intercooler bolts in it so i wouldnt be able to put that back on till i got those extracted.

suprising enough i alrdy got 1 pm about the whipple from a guy in detroit and then someone here in maca said they were interested so mabey i can see what people would be willing to offer and go from there to see if it would be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread