Bad News for all you Drag Racers....

88_Stanga

Established Member
So tonight i decided to head to one of the local hang outs to visit a couple friends (one of whom is on this forum and will probably chime in). One of the kids that is there drive a camaro with nitrous and he feels that his LS1 is the all mighty. Well we got into a heated debate tonight that really pissed me off. He has come to the conclusion that power to weight and gearing means nothing when it comes to a race. Just high HP. So i hate to let all you guys down that gutted and re-geared your cars.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I guess it means nothing if you have 1200 hp and are running 9's. But weight and gearing is what will get a 1200hp car into the 7's. Did he have a mullet? That can explain alot.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
hahah thats scott for ya. He's always right no matter what. And he always has to be better/faster than everyone. That kid was givin me a headache tonight.:bash:

88_Stanga

Established Member
dude i had to leave. the all mighty LS1 is wayyyyy better than my 3valve and your 5.0 and andys 2v. in his mind....wind resistance is the only thing that plays a roll in racing. he said that explains why my buddys 2700lbs turbo focus with 187hp 195tq stayed with my 301hp 323tq 3700lb mustang

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
where is he form? what color LS1? does he wanna race? :burnout:

I'm sure good air played a role for me today but my car ended up weighing 3520 with me in it today (down 100lbs) and i gained 2mph in the 1/4 and was still going 10.80's with low 1.5's instead of my 1.4s....

69redmach1

Established Member
Somebody better tell Rodney with the blue 03 Mach1 at the track, then. His car weighs 2900 lbs, puts down 315rwhp and runs 11.22@118+. He beats cars with 200 more rwhp. I can setup a race between him and that guy if you want.
Pete

88_Stanga

Established Member
jake he drives a blue camaro z28 and hes from chelmsford...nothing can beat him.....nothing. he said his car pulls just as hard at 150 as it does at 50. i even brought rodneys car up! Craig (greenstang1313) was there standing right beside me the whole time listening to this kid try and bust out his theorys. He went up to the track and was running 14's on spray. but his best with gears (its an auto) and intake was 12.9. He then talked about how superior the ls1 is to every motor but the 32 valve cobra motors. he said my 3 valve motor is just as bad as the 2v...ugh not the brightest bulb in the tree

Last edited:

snake bite 03

Damn this kid is a wack job, But hey my cars up and ruuning now all i gotta do is bring it up to pete and get it tuned, ill be more than happy to give him a run ill even give him the hit.

88_Stanga

Established Member
he drives an LS1......he will prob tell you to take the jump. he made like 440hp and 480tq i think he said. i know your car is going to be a beast. we really should try and get this kid to race. You can see how much of a retard he is

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
what a damn tool! We have a guy like that in the worcester area. Thinks that nothing can beat him. Runs a 12.8 and thats to fast for anything around he acts. Calls himself murda too. I call him a damn douchebag.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
he is a cocky bastard but he WILL race any of you. Some of you guys should come to dunks in chelmsford friday night and have some friendly races with us. Id like to see him get spanked by a mustang.

88_Stanga

Established Member
hahaha i dont think jake is down for that...but just so you know jake...its all on closed courses...

skeeter nice sig...hope to see you up at the track sometime i would love to check out your car. jealous overtakes me

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
88_Stanga said:
bachelor party for my brother in law...wont make it

What????? Is the party like an all day function??? You have to come to TASCA Day. It's sacrilegious to not go racing that day. It's like the ultimate Mustang sin...:nono:

88_Stanga

Established Member
i have to be in southbridge at 10am and we are going paintballing for the day then out for chinese then out for booze

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
88_Stanga said:
hahaha i dont think jake is down for that...but just so you know jake...its all on closed courses...

skeeter nice sig...hope to see you up at the track sometime i would love to check out your car. jealous overtakes me

hahahahaha.....no probs here man....been to that dunks before...

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I cruised by there the other night, i saw that POS in the lot. Next time i am there ill have to show him what's up. He won't like losing to a Vert:)

Users who are viewing this thread