bad news and good news

svt_nick69

Established Member
Went down to talk to my recruiter..... bad news - My recruiter told me the soonest I can ship off to basic is gunna be January 6th :bash: :cuss:

There sending down all my paperwork/medical records to meps tonight. Then I should have word monday. I leave wensday for my 21st to vegas then I come home friday. I have to go down to meps next monday to sign my contract and swear in. Then wensday I guess Im fully enlisted with the Army.

Good news - stay home for x-mas

Im a lil upset tho. I wanna get outta her quicker but I guess it'll have to be put on hold for after x mas

svt_fan1129

Established Member
Went down to talk to my recruiter..... bad news - My recruiter told me the soonest I can ship off to basic is gunna be January 6th :bash: :cuss:

There sending down all my paperwork/medical records to meps tonight. Then I should have word monday. I leave wensday for my 21st to vegas then I come home friday. I have to go down to meps next monday to sign my contract and swear in. Then wensday I guess Im fully enlisted with the Army.

Good news - stay home for x-mas

Im a lil upset tho. I wanna get outta her quicker but I guess it'll have to be put on hold for after x mas

That's odd. My papers just got sent to meps today as well. And They told me I'll get sent to basic first week in January.

Dude, ive been waiting for 1 month already, I'm going insane. I just want to leave and fight; TBH.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Whatcha running away from? I'd be grateful to cherish time with my family if I were about to leave. But I do commend you for your tenacity and courage :beer:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Look at it this way, it just gives you an extra month to RUN and work your ass off to be in that much better shape. No matter how good of shape you think you are, Basic Training will make you think otherwise. I was the same way, i had to wait almost 4 months when i enlisted back in 03

svt_fan1129

Established Member
Look at it this way, it just gives you an extra month to RUN and work your ass off to be in that much better shape. No matter how good of shape you think you are, Basic Training will make you think otherwise. I was the same way, i had to wait almost 4 months when i enlisted back in 03

thank god. i thought i was the only one going through this waiting period. been waiting for a month now.

Ive done basic before for the reserves. Quite honestly, I didn't think it was that hard rather then doing cool stuff. I think basic is 90% mental strengh IMO

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Its all a game really, its the other people that make it harder on you, if you realize that everything they do is for a reason youll be ok. IDK i went through Leonard Wood in late spring early summer i got there and there was a foot of snow on the ground, graduated AIT and it was 105 lol just be prepared if you go there in winter youll freeze. Do you know where your doing basic at?

svt_fan1129

Established Member
Its all a game really, its the other people that make it harder on you, if you realize that everything they do is for a reason youll be ok. IDK i went through Leonard Wood in late spring early summer i got there and there was a foot of snow on the ground, graduated AIT and it was 105 lol just be prepared if you go there in winter youll freeze. Do you know where your doing basic at?

I'm Canadian. We're ready for any type of weather.

I'm going to St-Jean. East of Montreal.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Relax, dude, enjoy your time with the family and have a good holiday. Believe me, you'll get yours, and you'll look back at how hooah you were to leave and get some with a whole 'nother perspective.

svt_nick69

Established Member
Why are you trying to leave ASAP?

I wanna get on with my life. I wanna start my career! I wanna start moving my footsteps in the right dierection. Im also sick of home.

That's odd. My papers just got sent to meps today as well. And They told me I'll get sent to basic first week in January.

Dude, ive been waiting for 1 month already, I'm going insane. I just want to leave and fight; TBH.

I know, ive been waiting now for a month as well and it sucks!!

Whatcha running away from? I'd be grateful to cherish time with my family if I were about to leave. But I do commend you for your tenacity and courage :beer:

Thank you :beer: As far as running away from? Im just sick of home man. All my buddies do is smoke bud and ride motox. None of them are doing anything with their lives and its jsut boring and I dont need that negative influence anymore. ASs far as family. Im spending all my time with my mother and father and grandparents and I love every moment of it.

Basic is a game. Its all a game to get you to listen to commands and to not hesitate cause when you hesitate in the field, it'll get you killed. It also teaches you to work as a team to get tasks completed. Im headed off to fort Benning in Georgia.

If you get a chance to, be sure to pop one extra terrorist for your brothers at home :beer::beer:

God speed!

Of course brotha! :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread