Bad luck with lower radiator hose!

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I have poor luck with hoses. For whatever reason coolant hoses in all my cars have blown. Rigid, silicone, rubber, doesn’t matter they have all blown. Never had a engine get out of temp though (I’m very aware of my little black cloud). My F150, my Bmw, my Chevy Cruze, hell even my gsxr600 all had a hose leak or burst.

Today as I was pulling into a parking garage I had a cloud and knew immediately lol. Fluid leaking from my headlight area, grill, front spoiler just evreywhere. Coolant bomb went off.

My hydra lower radiator hose did a spectacular sepuku.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
IMG_6977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile appView attachment 1565567this entire area is just gone

Last edited:

TVSed GT

Established Member
That definitely sucks man. What are the chances of having such a similar issue with so many different vehicles?

TVSed GT

Established Member
That’s just bad luck. Maybe add coolant hose replacement as regular maintenance every other oil change haha

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Unless it has something to due with the Miami heat & humidity there....

Maybe trying a lo-temp thermostat & see if it helps your situation.

.............................................................................................................................

You may have to give all your hoses the "pinch" test to view how flexible or brittle your hoses have become.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Unless it has something to due with the Miami heat & humidity there....

Maybe trying a lo-temp thermostat & see if it helps your situation.

.............................................................................................................................

You may have to give all your hoses the "pinch" test to view how flexible or brittle your hoses have become.
Def changing thermostat out while doing it, also noticing my top radiator hose (connected to thermo housing) is pulling a Vacuum and compressing flat so possibly hoses are just all weak on mine from environmental. Hooray

Users who are viewing this thread