Bad Karma Saturday night racing

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
I'm assuming John personally built it? He won't do a motor unless it's soup to nuts/ very top down to the pan...
Your car is impressive OP..

Yeah John built it for me. It's been an amazing engine. It's been in my car for 3 years now making at least 950 rwhp, over 8k RPM, some bad computer systems and some shitty tuning. Engine has been though a lot, I think it's held up great.

Thanks man I've been working on this car for almost 7 years now.

Last edited:

jsucil89

Established Member
Yeah John built it for me. It's been an amazing engine. It's been in my car for 3 years now making at least 950 rwhp, over 8k RPM, some bad computer systems and some shitty tuning. Engine has been though a lot, I think it's held up great.

What fuel were you running? Also, what symptoms did the engine have when it was down on power?

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
It's ugly. Short block is pretty much junk. 8 bent rods, smoked all 8 rod bearings, cylinders look bad, crank looks bad, Pistons don't look great.. Haven't pulled the mains off yet. :-(

2F415BC4-0686-4FBE-9AEB-F46937504B98_zpslre9ue2q.jpg

Last edited:

s351

Established Member
Well atleast those are good, ported heads and custom cams aren't cheap. Just rebuilding the bottom isn't terrible, compared to what it could be.

I'm assuming running those 2 races hurt did a bunch of that damage.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What fuel were you running??

I assume that when you went Motec that John tuned the car? Or am I wrong.

That's some catastrophic damage done, I wonder how much the other tuners and bad computer systems helped the damage along?

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
Well atleast those are good, ported heads and custom cams aren't cheap. Just rebuilding the bottom isn't terrible, compared to what it could be.

I'm assuming running those 2 races hurt did a bunch of that damage.

Yeah I think the top end stuff will be good. I bent those rods out testing and when I raced I'm pretty sure that caused the bearing damage.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
What fuel were you running??

I assume that when you went Motec that John tuned the car? Or am I wrong.

That's some catastrophic damage done, I wonder how much the other tuners and bad computer systems helped the damage along?

I run e85 full time but I use to run c16 and 93 pump.

I do have a Motec but it wasn't ever tuned by John or Accufab. Real street tuned the Motec and the Big Stuff 3 (before I had the Motec). I had lots of issues from both. When I had started having problems with the Motec I went to John for help and he turned me on to an amazing tuner! I think it was just to late by that point the engine already went through hell. I lost cam sync at high RPM with lots of boost, I'm pretty sure that's what bent the rods.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn man I'm really sorry to hear that. That's a rough go around on a very expensive engine.. The good news is that you already have a in so I'm sure John will build you another one :).. It might be worth sending the entire car there honestly to have him do the engine, tuning etc all in one shot.

Can you post more pictures of the carnage when you can please?

1raresnake

Established Member
Oh man..... That's horrible. Sorry to hear. Your car is badass and I know it will runner much harder when you get it up and going.

It's ugly. Short block is pretty much junk. 8 bent rods, smoked all 8 rod bearings, cylinders look bad, crank looks bad, Pistons don't look great.. Haven't pulled the mains off yet. :-(

2F415BC4-0686-4FBE-9AEB-F46937504B98_zpslre9ue2q.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread