Bad Foot Problems

RJCobra

Established Member
Because of worsening arthritis in my left foot, it is becoming increasingly difficult to drive the Cobra, stiff clutch and all.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket hydraulic clutch kit that can be installed?

rudycobra

Established Member
Read this thread
[ame="http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815366"]has anyone done the hydraulic clutch conversion on their cobra? - SVTPerformance[/ame]

RJCobra

Established Member

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
just get a better clutch!!

i have been running a "ProMotion Performance" clutch for a couple of years now, and the clutch pedal is soooooo much lighter than the stock pedal. it actually feels like any other manual car now...normal, and not so stiff/heavy!

the clutch has had ZERO chatter from day one, and has been in for 40k miles now, with no issues. the cost for the clutch itself, was right around $300. if i ever have to replace the clutch again, i will be going right back to ProMotion.

here is the link to their site...

ProMotion MUSTANG/CAMARO Performance Manual Transmissions/Clutches/Repairs FL

Tims97SVT

Established Member
just get a better clutch!!

i have been running a "ProMotion Performance" clutch for a couple of years now, and the clutch pedal is soooooo much lighter than the stock pedal. it actually feels like any other manual car now...normal, and not so stiff/heavy!

the clutch has had ZERO chatter from day one, and has been in for 40k miles now, with no issues. the cost for the clutch itself, was right around $300. if i ever have to replace the clutch again, i will be going right back to ProMotion.

here is the link to their site...

ProMotion MUSTANG/CAMARO Performance Manual Transmissions/Clutches/Repairs FL

Old Walt is probably loving all the new business! Good suggestion :beer:
I only say auto to keep the car if the pain is that bad.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Man from what everyone says the McLeod Twin disk is where its at. RST for normal driving RSX if you do some racing. Everyone says the pedal feels 100x better after swapping

It will be my next clutch......

RJCobra

Established Member
i do have an aftermarket clutch, the centerforce df, which did lighten it up a little. Do you think a twin disc clutch would lighten it even more? I can drive my Jeep wrangler 5-speed with no pain at all

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
i do have an aftermarket clutch, the centerforce df, which did lighten it up a little. Do you think a twin disc clutch would lighten it even more? I can drive my Jeep wrangler 5-speed with no pain at all

My friend has the RXT and it's a much, much lighter pedal feel. I'd try that.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if you want to spend all of that money on a twin disk setup, just to get a lighter pedal....when all you would have to do is spend $300, and get a good/solid/proven clutch (ie:promotion) that is just as light, if not lighter....then be my guest. im sure you wont be dissapointed.

the weight of my clutch pedal literally feels the same as my girlfriends honda civic. not sure a clutch pedal could get any lighter.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
if you want to spend all of that money on a twin disk setup, just to get a lighter pedal....when all you would have to do is spend $300, and get a good/solid/proven clutch (ie:promotion) that is just as light, if not lighter....then be my guest. im sure you wont be dissapointed.

the weight of my clutch pedal literally feels the same as my girlfriends honda civic. not sure a clutch pedal could get any lighter.

I'll second that! I use a promotion clutch set up as well. All this twin disk stuff is over rated!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I'll second that! I use a promotion clutch set up as well. All this twin disk stuff is over rated!

What is the Promotion clutch that you have rated to? You guys keep talking about them being really good, but I don't remember you saying that. Being a light pedal and holding a good amount at that price would make me consider one whenever I need a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread