Bad Experiance at a Ford dealership!!!!!!

i3ooivl

Established Member
I'm so steamed right now.... So in the past 8 weeks, the ford place has had my car for 6 weeks. AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED ANYTHING.

My car has several weird problems that I wanted ford to fix (because I dont know whats going on and it's under warrenty). My car wont idle with the air conditioner on, if i turn the air conditioner off.... my car will over heat, My radio now has engine noise in the speakers after the first visit to the dealership, 3 of my pulleys now have an amazingly loud squeek that i've lubricated several several times and still squeek, AND to top it all off....a nice exhaust leak that the dealers "engine guy" can't hear.

ALLLLL of these problems started with the dealership talking me into letting them rebuild my motor.

So i called the manager to complain and see what he can do... I can't let them have my car for another 6 weeks, I need a car. He said he was looking into "what he can do"

IS there anything i can do?? I don't want to spend money on fixing a car with a warrenty but its obvious my dealership has no clue what they're doing.

Any suggestions guys???

Last edited:

i3ooivl

Established Member
OH.... and an added slap in the face. When i took it to them the 3rd time with my laundry list of problems.... instead of fixing my problems they did factory recall work and then the lady had THE NERVE to tell me to my face that they fixed everything.

THIS will drive a sane person to drink!!!

i3ooivl

Established Member
Well its been 2 hours and the manager still hasnt called back (he said he was going to call back in 20 minutes). This has got to be the worst way to run a business.

unclesams_svt.... I sent you a PM, I would really like that number if you have it on hand.

i3ooivl

Established Member
its a 94 cobra...... it took them 4 weeks to take the old motor out and put the new one in (which i was ok with til things started breaking). Then i took it in because it didn't idle at all.... they fiddled with a few things (IAC) and gave it back to me towards the end of the following day.

Then i gave it back to them with the same problems a week later (i had to go back to pensacola to help with hurricane clean up so i couldn't get it to them earlier) When i did give it to them, the kept it for an entire week.... 7:30am on monday til 8:45 am the following monday..... and all of the problems were still there.

PS.... i'm on the phone with the ford corperate customer service guys- Thanks!!

i3ooivl

Established Member
Well update..... i filed a complaint with ford corporate who is going to evaluate the service techs there and has made me an appointment with the ford dealership in ocala.

MINUTES after i hung up with ford corporate the service rep from gainesville ford called and wanted me to bring it in so they could "take a second shot at it"

They have wasted a week of my time and they want a second chance. wtf ever

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
i3ooivl said:
Well update..... i filed a complaint with ford corporate who is going to evaluate the service techs there and has made me an appointment with the ford dealership in ocala.

MINUTES after i hung up with ford corporate the service rep from gainesville ford called and wanted me to bring it in so they could "take a second shot at it"

They have wasted a week of my time and they want a second chance. wtf ever

ocala has better techs over there. good luck.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Thats shitty man, hope everything works out for ya. I hate when people run a business so poorly as that. You got a PM btw.

Users who are viewing this thread