Bad day.........

Chris-SVT

Established Member
well the started off good until i went to install my bassani o/r xpipe. It was a bitch to get the old h pipe off. took like 2 1/2 to get it all done. Man this thing is LOUD w/o cats. im afraid to get on it because the police might stop me. so later on i get to the track and get my first run in...... after the 1/4 is up i coast to the end of the track right as i getting ready to turn off i put it in first at like 10 mph and let out the clutch. go to shift to second push clutch and its really mushy, and cant get the car to go in gear. so i stop push it, and let it sit. then i called my dad had him tow me with his chevy truck. kinda funny watching a chevy tow a ford. anyways we droped it off at the dealer. will they cover this? only mods i have is xpipe, catback. im hoping its something thats covered so its doesnt have to come out of my pocket.

thanks for any help,

chris

02 Harley Truck

Established Member
wow... sucky day man... i dont think they will will cover... fords service licks ass, they wouldnt replance a light bulb for My HD... dont count on it...

SVTHorsnake

Banned
they'd cover it here, need not mention the mods. if they say anything, tell them they're being bitches and take it somewhere else. I don't know how different states are but that would be real gay if they didn't cover it and I would be surprised, I'm sure they will.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
if they say anything, tell them their techs clearly don't know what they're talking about, remind them the x pipe and CB are exhaust components, not transmission components.

Chris-SVT

Established Member
and on more thing...... i heard something about baffles? they make your exhuast a little bit quieter? and where to get them.......

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
If it is bassani cat-back you can get the baffles for the tail pipes, and it reduces noise, and is about a 2-3 rwhp loss. Should be able to get them from the place you got your cat-back, or any bassani dealer.

Chris-SVT

Established Member
good, then they will cover the clutch :) go the car used at 20000 miles and had it for 2 months. put 4000 miles on it since. i love driving this thing. gotta go down there in the morning and hopefully they will give me a loaner car.

Chris-SVT

Established Member
to late.........its got towed to the dealer an hour ago........
im also thinking about buying a beater car just incase this happens again.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris-SVT
to late.........its got towed to the dealer an hour ago........
im also thinking about buying a beater car just incase this happens again.

youre going to bring the beater to the track?

:p

Chris-SVT

Established Member
nah its just gona sit in the driveway just incase the GT breaks.......
i hope there cool about this at the dealer. when i bought the car everyone was nice. I guess well see tomarrow.............

Chris-SVT

Established Member
well my dad went down to the dealer and they that your son is racing his car. well he knows i take it to the track and he replied to the guy that i had never drove a stick before and thats why i burned it up. (according to what he said it, it was fried.) he didnt believe it and said they would not warantee it. i understand where the guy is coming from, i mean it was my choice to run it and now i have to pay for it. they want 800 to put in a new clutch. is that reasonable or should i go someone else to have it done. im thinking of looking for a high performance clutch seeing as this one is toast. how did i burn it up? the 4 k dumb to do a burnout to heat the tires or feathering it when i launch?

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Do yourself a favor and do the clutch yourself. You will thank yourself in the long run if you intend to be around and own high performance cars. If it is your first manual trans. it is a good possibility that you smoked it on both the burnout and the launch. If you plan on going to the track alot you might look into getting a line-loc.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Once a dealer denies you do they mark this in a data system or something. In other words does one dealer know that another has turned you away?

Users who are viewing this thread