Bad day for the Lightning.....

Freedom

Established Member
Well, got the new Steig ported blower and the C&L upper on the truck, drove it 50 miles on the highway to the track, made a couple leisurely passes then drove it home. 2 miles from the house it started making a clattering, got it home, antifreeze everywhere under the hood, and in the oil.

I would assume this was a head gasket except for the fact that the intercooler reservoir is acting like its getting air into it. Bubbling like mad. and the leaking appears to be coming from around the supercharger base. I also assume the clattering was just from the oil being so thined out by the antifreeze, because I went back out and started it cold and it ran with no noise until it heated up a bit. There is also no water or smoke coming from the exhaust. The truck is parked right now until I can figure out what is going on.

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Almost sounds like the intercooler problem, however they changd the design of that after 2001. So only 99-00's have that problem?? possibly the s/c,intercooler,lower intake not sealed or torqued properly?? Stan

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
if your intercooler got a hole/crack or something in it, it will leak antifreeze into the lower intake manifold where it all hangs out.... then maybe if it got sucked down a runner and took a shit on your rings? hope its not that bad.... i had bad luck taking my I/C off too.... found cracks in the runners... boo.. now i have the "manifold pressure absolute" code.... who knows what i did.

Users who are viewing this thread