Bad day for my 04

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Well, today going to my brothers bachelor party I am making a left hand turn onto a side street from the main road and out comes a 16-17 year old blonde in dad's car and T bones me. (she did a California stop, so did not really stop or decide to look right in front of her)!

Everyone was okay except the Cobra :cryying: ... After I stopped spinning around it felt like a tire blew out because the car dropped about 2 inches in the left rear. I get out and take a look and find out I have a busted up the rear end. Not exactly sure what is broke right now because it was getting dark out, but I have pieces at home of what looks like upper control arm which looks like that is now friends with the rear disk break. The car ended up stalling out too, im guessing because of a fuel safety switch.

So wondering if any of you know an estimate of rear end work, fender work and maybe (hopefully not) frame work would cost on these cars and would you let your local Ford dealer do the work because they are SVT certified or a local shop?

Sorry no pics as of yet, I'll try to get some on Monday when the fun starts with her insurance company.

Thanks guys

Taylor04

**** it, Run it!
Established Member
I see you traded the mach for the cobra...see what happens..shoulda kept the mach..:bash: :lol:

Sucks though man, hope it gets fixed...

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
What did the blonde say? Do? Does she have insurance?

What sucks about accidents is that there always seems to be damage that isn't noticed right away.

Expect to find more things that need replacing/fixing . . .

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Wow. That sucks man, sorry to hear about your Cobra. This all is being covered by insurance isn't it? I would take it to the best body repair place you can to get a quote if so.

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Yes she was very hot, she had her 16 year old BF too. All 3 of them in the car thought I was going to beat the crap out of them because I was yelling for a good 5 minutes. A friend that was following me told me that the guys in the car were thanking him for not letting me at them. His words were if you just bout a 35,000 dollar car and it only has 2,000 miles on it how would you feel?

SVT4ME

Established Member
Cool that you vented in the air and not on them. Young and dumb kids, we were all their whether you want to admit it or not. Make sure you look over the car and take pics for your files. ALSO TEST DRIVE BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Sorry to hear that your Cobra got wacked.
I just had to get a new hood and have the
tops of my fenders painted and then clearcoat
the whole nose. Paint was perfect.
I know good autobody shops, but I decided to
try my new SVT Ford autobody shop. They told
me that they had all the newest equipment and
were very big on quality.I let them do the job
and they did a good job.
Any shop you chose, ask what they are capiable
of doing for you.

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Originally posted by KenCobra03
Sorry to hear that your Cobra got wacked.
I just had to get a new hood and have the
tops of my fenders painted and then clearcoat
the whole nose. Paint was perfect.
I know good autobody shops, but I decided to
try my new SVT Ford autobody shop. They told
me that they had all the newest equipment and
were very big on quality.I let them do the job
and they did a good job.
Any shop you chose, ask what they are capiable
of doing for you.

Yeah good point. The only thing that worrys me about taking my car to Ford is them "just replacing parts" or treating the car as if its another mustang.

Im going to try and get some pics tomorrow for records as someone else mentioned also I will make sure that thing is perfect before I sign any papers.

This sucks because now I will have a wreck in this car so in the future if I ever sale it I will have to disclose that. Its not like another GT (nothing taking away from GTs) but this is a car that someday could have been a collectors car.

Kurt

Users who are viewing this thread