Bad Crash in Ohio

Beezy

Established Member
U.S. News - Head-on crash kills 3 sorority spring-breakers in Ohio

I can't believe that this is national news now. This happened literally within miles of my house. I live just north of BG and actually use the 582 exit to get on I75. I didn't see if it said it in the article, but the woman had been driving the wrong way for over six miles. On top of that, it was 2:15 in the morning, and between those two things one could assume that she was drunk. What's even more chilling is that my good friend's dad is one of the head BG EMT's and was the one who had to clean everything up. Too sad.

Just another reason to always be defensive on the roads.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
It's hard to avoid it if you don't even see it coming.

Sad news. Curious to see how the driver error occurred.

Beezy

Established Member
I have no idea how someone could drive the wrong way for 6 miles but that's just me.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I have no idea how someone could drive the wrong way for 6 miles but that's just me.

Any Trooper will tell you it happens more times than you'd think.

From older folks with dementia to alcohol or drugs, they're just oblivious. :nonono:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
As a father you ponder these things and say it'll never happen to my daughter. I pray the families of those girls find some form of peace however impossible that may sound. Very sad.

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
It is sad we've been talking about it all day. I just heard the guilty party was a 69 year old lady... and the girls in the other car were on their way to spring break. Sucks bad and i drive that route a few times a week

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
a local svtp member here is sitting in jail right now for the same thing. been there for a couple of years already. drunk driving and killed a young woman in a head on crash. :nonono:

i think they should put spike strips on the off ramps to prevent something like this from happening. i dont know if the govt is afraid of backlash from the public (risk to tires) but if you're paying attention and NOT drunk or whatever, then you wont ruin your tires. and if you did ruin them, for whatever reason, then it saved your life! :idea:

RSbeast

Established Member
Absolutely sickening. They should retest for a license every 2 yrs after 60. Even worse if the lady was dui.

Damn dirty shame.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Absolutely sickening. They should retest for a license every 2 yrs after 60. Even worse if the lady was dui.

Damn dirty shame.

AARP and the Senior Lobby would scream bloody murder over anything approaching this. But Germany and France has manditory testing I think after 68-70 years so why not the good old USA.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
AARP and the Senior Lobby would scream bloody murder over anything approaching this. But Germany and France has manditory testing I think after 68-70 years so why not the good old USA.

in germany, iirc, if you suspect someone is having difficult driving then you can notify the authorities and they will have them tested.

they also give driver's licenses for life (except for the old age testing thing). no need to renew every few years like here :bored:

TEAL 93 SVT

Established Member
in germany, iirc, if you suspect someone is having difficult driving then you can notify the authorities and they will have them tested.

they also give driver's licenses for life (except for the old age testing thing). no need to renew every few years like here :bored:
It also take almost a year to get you license with all the testing and waiting periods.
I was also told that if you get one DWI your license is revoked and you either can never drive again or you have to go through all the testing again. I forgot which but either way, other countries seem to have it right.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There are staes with these kind of programs already. And the AARP would not have a problem with a reasonably set up program.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
How long it take depends on your circumstances. You do have to go through some very tough programs if you are German. It took me about a week but I didn't have to even take the test lol! I still have my license for life. The test is one of the toughest in existence and very few Americans that have to take it pass it the first time.

It also take almost a year to get you license with all the testing and waiting periods.
I was also told that if you get one DWI your license is revoked and you either can never drive again or you have to go through all the testing again. I forgot which but either way, other countries seem to have it right.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I had a friend years ago get killed up near Cincy like that. His dad had a heart attack and they flew him up there. My friend had worked all day when they called him about his dad. He drove 5 hours up there. He sat with his dad for a while. His dad told him to go to a motel and get some rest and come back in the morning. He never made it. He took a wrong turn and was going the wrong way at 1:30 or so in the morning. Tractor trailer truck hit him head on and scattered him and his Camaro over 1/4 mile.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Happened 2 times in the last year around here.

One was at 4:30 in the afternoon and she made it almost 10 miles. The lady she hit was my old boss's wife. Sad situation.

Users who are viewing this thread