BAD clutch noise after warmed up - NEW CLUTCH!

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
OK.

I had a new engine and new clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing (ford racing), throwout bearing and retainer sleeve (lethal) put in at a good shop a little over three months ago. I have broken the engine and clutch in gingerly and have been saving to get my car dyno tuned.

In the meantime, I have put 1,600 miles on the car. So it has been "broken in."

Ever since the clutch was put in, it made a slight rattle sound around 1800 rpm.

I was told that was by design as it is a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. I bit and took them at their word.

Only, the sound just kept getting worse. It now is very loud and happens from idle up to 3k rpm.

Is it normal?

I am afraid to have to take it back because everything is so expensive. And I literally went into debt to get it running with a new engine and clutch.

i figured I would take the shop at their word and live with it. but it seems to have increased over the last week or so.

it's embarrassingly loud now.

DE07GT

Established Member
I used to have a Centerforce Dual Friction, and it never made a noise like you're describing. It was still fine when I pulled my trans after destroying a synchro. Only noise I had with that clutch was when my throwout bearing went bad.

serper3

Established Member
I used to have a Centerforce Dual Friction, and it never made a noise like you're describing. It was still fine when I pulled my trans after destroying a synchro. Only noise I had with that clutch was when my throwout bearing went bad.

i used to have one as well and i never had any noises..

i would definitely take it back asap while hopefully they remember that there was a noise before you even drove away with it.. i have heard shops blaming people for not properly breaking clutches in w.e.... bs basically.

before you take it back though, i would try to see were the noise is coming from less chance that the shop will try to give you a run around.. and you can document whats going on, take pics/vids just in case you need to go to small claims court..
jack the car up, take off the clutch for cover, its one bolt and you can peak through into the bellhousing. try to listen and see if anything is out of the ordinary. also, does it do it with the clutch depressed?

Users who are viewing this thread