Bad business

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
Anyone ever try to sell there cobra only to get a bunch of low ballers trying to make you feel like an ass just for asking what the car is worth? I just had a guy tell me, without seeing the car, that my 97 e85 powered 5.5l DOHC high compression cobra is not even worth 5k. I think that's an issue, since I see GTs routinely going for more than our cars. Any thoughts?

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
All day. Someone will come along and give you what you want, a kid came and looked at mine recently and asked why I was actually asking so low.

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
Good to finally hear that. The last message I got from this guy is him asking me to race him for $5000 or my car against his cobra. Honestly why are there such douche bags out there? I'm not looking for a race I'm looking to (maybe) sell my car lol

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I hear ya man. I mean sn95 cobras aren't the most special cars out there but it's hard to find clean ones that are taken care of now a days. Also, All these TV reality car shows with people haggling and beating peoples prices down are really hurting the car buying market IMO.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Oh crap RDJ I completely forgot #notamorningperson #Iknowitsnoon #iworkatnight

fairly well played LOL

seriously tho there has been about a dozen threads on this topic over the last couple of months. it really isn't that big of a deal esp. when you are even sure you are serious about selling.

mustang3X

Established Member
Anyone ever try to sell there cobra only to get a bunch of low ballers trying to make you feel like an ass just for asking what the car is worth? I just had a guy tell me, without seeing the car, that my 97 e85 powered 5.5l DOHC high compression cobra is not even worth 5k. I think that's an issue, since I see GTs routinely going for more than our cars. Any thoughts?

Worth is subjective, you think the car is worth more than the buyer does. You don't have to feel like an ass because you set a price you felt was correct, just tell people you won't take their offer.

In my area there must be a 1,000 mustangs for sale (craigslist), the junk doesn't sell and neither do the cars where the price is obviously too high. That still leaves a lot of mustangs for sale, it is a buyers market.

You see GT's asking price more than our cars, not selling price. I see GT's sit forever unsold regardless of price.

At the end of the day these aren't investments, you have know going in you are going to take a loss and are doing it because you enjoy it.

Last edited:

brucesvt

Established Member
when i was trying to sell my car last year when my car's original Mystic paint was faded i kept getting 3k offers both here and locally. and reason one guy gave me was because he had to pay "$10,000" for the paint job lol... when my wife decided to surprise me with a paint for my car when i got back after 3-4 months of being gone. and when i tried to sell it to help pay for my weeding and it was worse than before i kept getting 2k offers because it went from a Mystic to another color. I really dont know if its all of these car shows that show someone getting someone for nothing or if these people are really cheap.

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
I remember when you could pick up a nice fox body for 1500 dollars...not anymore...

Seriously lol, bought my first one in perfect shape and low miles for 3k. But honestly I know of cars that have sold for more than I bought my cobra for (gts) and I have a guy telling me my car isn't even worth the book value, let alone what it has lol. I'm perfectly ok with people not being able to afford it, etc etc etc, but to go on and on about how they can but a "8.50 second cobra" for what I'm asking, then to say that they'll race me for my car when I tell them "ok go buy that drag car" that annoys me haha like grow up

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
Tell that guy to go **** himself. Your car, your price.

Basically what I said, everyone else have at least been polite lol I'm probably going back into the army soon though. So no need to sell quick, or at all, but if the price is right I'd like to knock down my debts a bit haha

Users who are viewing this thread