Bad Bad Baaad.. Mustang Drift FAIL

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
I mean, what was he thinking? Clearly the dude panicked after hitting the gas while turning to the right, then left off the gas pedal making the car going to the other way and crashing. Reminds me of that white Cobra that crashed on incoming traffic after leaving a parking lot. Woodward was it?

Ford Mustang Drift Fail - YouTube

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
so if let of the gas the car will swing the other way, I thought it usually corrects itself?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
so if let of the gas the car will swing the other way, I thought it usually corrects itself?

Depends on the momentum and the surface it's doing it on. If it's snow or wet asphalt and you've got a decent bit of speed going, there isn't enough friction for it to stop itself from continuing the other way.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Depends on the momentum and the surface it's doing it on. If it's snow or wet asphalt and you've got a decent bit of speed going, there isn't enough friction for it to stop itself from continuing the other way.

Yeah that makes sense. The pavement in that video looked super slick, better than the U.S roads lol.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Whether or not the cars swings back the other way like that depends on how far you've over compensated with the steering wheel aka over correction. The car will do it on any pavement, its going to follow the front tires every time no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread