BAD ASS LIGHTNINIG

ford_lightning

Established Member
BAD ASS LIGHTNING

I raced a 03 lightning saturday. He told me all he had done was #4 pulleys and a chip. Mine is all stock except for flows. He was pushing 12 psi. HE SMOKED ME, BY LIKE 4 TRUCK LENGTHS. I orderd a stage 3 diablo sport chip friday, and my friend bypassed my boost so it hits like 9.7 at around 4700rpms. DO PULLEYS REALLY HELP THAT MUCH OR WAS THAT GUY LYING. I read that with a diablo chip that they pulleys can add up to 110hp and that the chip alone adds about 40. WILL THE CHIP HELP ENOUGH THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO NOTICE

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Pulleys really do help alot. When i had my lightning i raced a friend of mine that had a chip and a 4lb lower while i was stock he beat me bad. Then i got a chip and the 8lb lower then i smoked his azzz. Its like night and day having a pulley.

Griffin

Established Member
I was hitting 16psi with a #6 lower and 2.77 upper. To say my Lightning was a monster is an understatement!

RedFire2003

Established Member
I also had a 2002 Lightning and ran 14lbs of boost with a diablo chip single blade throttle body, headers, cat-back and a few other little things including a 125shot and I tell you what Lightnings can move My best time at the track spinning the nittos was a 12.4@112 that was a 2.2 60ft After doing the mods i had -nitrous I ran consistent 13.1 to 13.2's . The best I have run in the Cobra so far is a 13.2@109 stock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread