Backyard porting

BL0WN331

Established Member
I just bought an eaton with 0 miles :banana: on it and I was planning on porting it. Has anybody on here ported their own and if so, is there any measurements I should go by? I have access to a machine shop with a mill, so cutting won't be a problem. Let me know...

TR

BL0WN331

Established Member
I bought the whole intake assembly off ebay, that was the lower with intercooler, all the way up to the mass air. I have already sold the lower for what I paid for everything. I didn't know if home porting could be done, and be efficient. Just tring to pick up some extra ponies without spending a bundle.

TR

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
BL0WN331 said:
I bought the whole intake assembly off ebay, that was the lower with intercooler, all the way up to the mass air. I have already sold the lower for what I paid for everything. I didn't know if home porting could be done, and be efficient. Just tring to pick up some extra ponies without spending a bundle.

TR

Was that the one for $1500?? Yes it can be done. DO a search on nloc and there are a few guys who have done it. It's not hard to remove the front housing and rotors. I'd figure with a little milling expirience you should be able to handle it. Get some before/after pics so you have something to go by. :banana:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do you still have your mass air. I need a new one to get calibrated for my new set up...the 85 isn't cutting it anymore

Jesse

BL0WN331

Established Member
PimpRohr said:
Do you still have your mass air. I need a new one to get calibrated for my new set up...the 85 isn't cutting it anymore

Jesse

I just sold the 90mm yesturday, man I wish you would of said something. The guy I sold it to was a dick.

TR

BL0WN331

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Was that the one for $1500?? Yes it can be done. DO a search on nloc and there are a few guys who have done it. It's not hard to remove the front housing and rotors. I'd figure with a little milling expirience you should be able to handle it. Get some before/after pics so you have something to go by. :banana:

No I paid a little over 900 to my door. I know the ones that you are talking about, I have looked at them before on ebay before.

So you are stating that the home porting can be done but not advised. Does all the internals come out easily or is that part a pain?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
BL0WN331 said:
I just sold the 90mm yesturday, man I wish you would of said something. The guy I sold it to was a dick.

TR

Shucks...get it back from him. If you run into another one let me know. I need one

Jesse

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
yeah i think i need replace my intercooler, i have a feeling its leaking slowly. I noticed that the coolany level has been dropping very slowly but havent seen any antifreeze anywhere....so if anyone has/knows where i can get an intercooler for a good price let me know.

BL0WN331

Established Member
not sure right off the top of my head, I do not own this one. I will get back with..

TR

On to the thread note, Has anybody on here ported their own and if so, is there any measurements I should go by? I have access to a machine shop with a mill, so cutting won't be a problem. Let me know...

TR

Blown347Hatch

so long
Go with Steigemeier, they did all the Aptens. Almost guaranteed results, a far cry from doing it yourself. $395 plus shipping. It's well worth having them do it on their C&C machine. More consistent results, less housing warpage allowing the rotors to get scuffed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
yea it can be done... just pretty much go by the pics of other ones. my buddy has 4 under his belt for club members. im looking into getting my 2nd eaton done also, picked one up for $350 with only 2200 miles on it

Users who are viewing this thread