Backup camera installed

Frostbit3

Established Member
Just curious but how are you going to install a back up camera on a Shelby spoiler unless you replace it for a regular mustang GT spoiler ?

Could you post pictures of the install after it is finished?

Congrats on your new car. If you are getting the camera installed where are you going? I don't think there is any place in Tally able to do the work and St Augustine and Jax are both fairly close to Tallahassee.

This was in my start page but I know a lot of people were curious and or in the market so I started a new thread. :dancenana:

OK to start the products i used are the NAVTV XG Box and the NAV TV camera6 links here:

NAV-TV Corporation: CAM6 Top Mount Super-low Light Backup Camera

NAV-TV Corporation: ALLSYNC Video in Motion - Back Up Camera Interface

Install was completed by rolling sound in Jacksonville on Phillips HWY. They did a very clean job, covered everything with soft towels and asked me before making any critical decisions. I searched the forum before all this and found one topic about the lock-pick that had links to other installs. Many went with drilling a single hole for the camera like this. All in all its worlds better and I love being able to see if kids, trash can etc are directly behind me and its cool to be able to look behind you while on the interstate (pressing the hang up phone button while moving). I tested the grid markers on the camera and found the green line is 5 feet exactly, which gives you plenty of notice to stop and or judge distance. The camera photo is grainy but in person the picture is completely crisp. The NAV TV folks gave me 50 dollars off each product and a 10% military discount, which was outstanding. Their product is more expensive than the lock-pick but I to this day have never heard of a NAV TV part not working. After the discounts it was about the same as the lock-pick. Any questions or specific picture requests let me know!! Final note the camera works when the car is in reverse so everyone knows it works like factory.

20130817_155915_zpsd845e297.jpg

20130817_160014_zps01bb20c5.jpg
20130817_155829_zpsc5e163dc.jpg

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Well done my friend. It looks good and I will consider it for my Shelby. Now go out and get rid of the AutoNation logo on the trunk.:beer:

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
This was in my start page but I know a lot of people were curious and or in the market so I started a new thread. :dancenana:

OK to start the products i used are the NAVTV XG Box and the NAV TV camera6 links here:

NAV-TV Corporation: CAM6 Top Mount Super-low Light Backup Camera

NAV-TV Corporation: ALLSYNC Video in Motion - Back Up Camera Interface

Install was completed by rolling sound in Jacksonville on Phillips HWY. They did a very clean job, covered everything with soft towels and asked me before making any critical decisions. I searched the forum before all this and found one topic about the lock-pick that had links to other installs. Many went with drilling a single hole for the camera like this. All in all its worlds better and I love being able to see if kids, trash can etc are directly behind me and its cool to be able to look behind you while on the interstate (pressing the hang up phone button while moving). I tested the grid markers on the camera and found the green line is 5 feet exactly, which gives you plenty of notice to stop and or judge distance. The camera photo is grainy but in person the picture is completely crisp. The NAV TV folks gave me 50 dollars off each product and a 10% military discount, which was outstanding. Their product is more expensive than the lock-pick but I to this day have never heard of a NAV TV part not working. After the discounts it was about the same as the lock-pick. Any questions or specific picture requests let me know!! Final note the camera works when the car is in reverse so everyone knows it works like factory.

20130817_155915_zpsd845e297.jpg

20130817_160014_zps01bb20c5.jpg
20130817_155829_zpsc5e163dc.jpg

Looks great..

OK I am old and slow but I still don't understand why we have to install a lock pick or any other device to get a backup camera. We have the same head unit that Ford uses in the GT.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Looks great..

OK I am old and slow but I still don't understand why we have to install a lock pick or any other device to get a backup camera. We have the same head unit that Ford uses in the GT.

Our cars and trucks with nav come from ford with that option turned on or off.

My raptor for god knows what reason was ordered without the back up camera and trailer brake controller. The trailer brake controller was not bad to get programmed by the dealership, but the factory backup camera they could not do. I ran into dead end after dead end. No dealer wanted to even touch it. So the short answer is- nav tv and lock pick override that Ford programming which either enables that feature to work or not. So, its a 400.00 fix without getting a dealership that is bound to cause more harm than good at who knows how much less money. Plus, it works in motion, and allows you to use your DVD in motion and plug in a address in motion to get you from A to B.

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
Our cars and trucks with nav come from ford with that option turned on or off.

My raptor for god knows what reason was ordered without the back up camera and trailer brake controller. The trailer brake controller was not bad to get programmed by the dealership, but the factory backup camera they could not do. I ran into dead end after dead end. No dealer wanted to even touch it. So the short answer is- nav tv and lock pick override that Ford programming which either enables that feature to work or not. So, its a 400.00 fix without getting a dealership that is bound to cause more harm than good at who knows how much less money. Plus, it works in motion, and allows you to use your DVD in motion and plug in a address in motion to get you from A to B.
:idea: Ok thanks. I like the in motion part I grrrrrr every time I have to pull over and stop to put in an address.

Frostbit3

Established Member
Well done my friend. It looks good and I will consider it for my Shelby. Now go out and get rid of the AutoNation logo on the trunk.:beer:

Haha I'm going to be doing it tomorrow actually ,was going to be bathing the Shelby then.:pepper:

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
x2 on both counts. Very nice install! I hate dealership logos.

...it works in motion, and allows you to use your DVD in motion and plug in a address in motion to get you from A to B.
That is a GREAT upgrade all by itself!

BCPD199

Established Member
Install was completed by rolling sound in Jacksonville on Phillips HWY. They did a very clean job, covered everything with soft towels and asked me before making any critical decisions. I searched the forum before all this and found one topic about the lock-pick that had links to other installs. Any questions or specific picture requests let me know!! Final note the camera works when the car is in reverse so everyone knows it works like factory.

Great to know as I'm in Palm Coast and definitely want to get this done. Final cost?

Well done my friend. It looks good and I will consider it for my Shelby. Now go out and get rid of the AutoNation logo on the trunk.

Autonation? Bozard Ford in your town has been fantastic to work with on both of my Shelby's.

Last edited:

Frostbit3

Established Member
Great to know as I'm in Palm Coast and definitely want to get this done. Final cost?

Autonation? Bozard Ford in your town has been fantastic to work with on both of my Shelby's.

Yeah bozard is close as is auto nation, I had a great experience with them. They were speedy, upfront and professional.

Install was 150.00 and parts was 600. Nav tv is a little more but the better product so I read.

BCPD199

Established Member
Yeah bozard is close as is auto nation, I had a great experience with them. They were speedy, upfront and professional.

Install was 150.00 and parts was 600. Nav tv is a little more but the better product so I read.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll look up Rolling Sound when my '14 comes in.

twawsico

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I just ordered mine. Anyone ordering should definitely call instead of simply ordering online to ask if there are discounts or sales. You should at least be able to get a 10% forum discount.

Users who are viewing this thread